Posts: 28 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Tampere, Finland
The problem is the day, mån, on the last line. You probably haven't build you app on a monday before... Scandinavian characters are still the first thing to suspect in many situations.

The Following User Says Thank You to mvuori For This Useful Post:
Ah, thank you very much, that was indeed the problem! I should probably have been able to figure that out by myself but oh well... Thanks for the help

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ssspeq View Post
Ah, thank you very much, that was indeed the problem! I should probably have been able to figure that out by myself but oh well... Thanks for the help
BTW Can you tell which platform were you running the SDK on ? Was that linux/windows/mac ? Because if it breaks on it's own then it's worth a bugreport

Attila (or anyone) is there a QML file dialog option in this release, or do you know if there's any plans to include a file dialog option in the QtCreator QML palletes? Something similar to how the QML text input activity works.

At the moment with the Qt version i have the only way to do one (as far as I know) is to write the folder traversing and file handling methods in C++ and link them within the qml project.

(Apologies if this has been asked before)

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2011-01-25 at 13:10.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
Attila (or anyone) is there a QML file dialog option in this release, or do you know if there's any plans to include a file dialog option in the QtCreator QML palletes? Something similar to how the QML text input activity works.
Ummm, not sure i follow - QML is providing you (or at least going to ) replacements for various widgets, input methods et al, but for things like file operations I would assume you would still want to use the native dialog.

Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Ummm, not sure i follow - QML is providing you (or at least going to ) replacements for various widgets, input methods et al, but for things like file operations I would assume you would still want to use the native dialog.
Yes i would! So how do I call the native dialog from QML but without using C++?

In my imaginary app I want the user to choose a file, so let's imagine I have a button called "PIck a file, user". It should then pop up the native client. Whats the command for that?

The only thing I found regarding QML and file dialogs is this tutorial which goes the route of using C++ to do the file handling. Well i also found my own question from last month but I didnt get any reply to that one so that's no good. I just want to call the native file dialog similar to how text input calls the native text input dialog.. so is there a simple way and how do i do it? Please tell me there is a file dialog tag!

(I know Im derailing the thread, apologies again..)

Last edited by kojacker; 2011-01-25 at 16:10.

No one seems to have mentioned to new Qt Quick Designer. Here is the How to

http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qtcreator-sn...-designer.html

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikec For This Useful Post:
Does anyone know why i get this error, when i try to run the app on my N900?:

Killing remote process(es)...
Starting remote process ...
chmod: /opt/usr/bin/sdktest: No such file or directory
sh: /opt/usr/bin/sdktest: not found
Killing remote process(es)...
Finished running remote process. Exit code was 127.
I made a test-app and pressed the green arrow (compile and run) like i did on the previous sdk. It seems like, the deb made by the sdk does not really install the app on my N900 because i cant find it (despite the fact that exists in FAM/HAM ). Do i have to do something more on the new sdk?

Btw, the new QT Quick Designer is really awsome.

Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
BTW Can you tell which platform were you running the SDK on ? Was that linux/windows/mac ? Because if it breaks on it's own then it's worth a bugreport
It was on ubuntu 10.10. Yes, it did break on its own. If today happens to be a day that has a scandinavian character in it then my app will not deploy because the changelog file gets a scandinavian character in it. So yes, a bugreport is probably what I should do

Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
Yes i would! So how do I call the native dialog from QML but without using C++?
To answer my own question, it's not possible. I tweeted Ville who kindly tweeted back and confirmed:

"You invoke the call from C++ side, unfortunately no canned solution yet."
and
"If you want to deal with files on the file system, you need C++ anyway (at this time). Plain QML should use Local Storage (sql.db)"
Im hoping that a simple file selector will become part of the QML activities in the not too distant future.

Tags
qtquick, qtsdk