Hi guys, I am trying to get `debian.sh` to start from ShellEx - is there any way to work around the su requirement for lxc-attach apart from enabling passwordless execution for defaultuser in /etc/sudoers? I couldn't find an askpass program for SFOS either.

The Following User Says Thank You to vaskas For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vaskas View Post
Hi guys, I am trying to get `debian.sh` to start from ShellEx - is there any way to work around the su requirement for lxc-attach apart from enabling passwordless execution for defaultuser in /etc/sudoers? I couldn't find an askpass program for SFOS either.
Try qCommand instead...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post:
Has anyone been able to get the camera working in the LXC container? I bind-mounted all the video* devices and they are showing correctly in /dev but am having no luck with any applications.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vaskas For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vaskas View Post
Has anyone been able to get the camera working in the LXC container? I bind-mounted all the video* devices and they are showing correctly in /dev but am having no luck with any applications.
Which have you tried? I tried Cheese, Pinhole and Megapixels. Cheese starts and gives "no device found", Pinhole starts but gives error "viewfinder is not in ready state", and Megapixels won't start, shows error in terminal about "...no config file".

Can you tell me the proper mount command for video devices? Attempting 'ls -ltr /dev/video*' gives, "no such file or directory" ...

Last edited by levone1; 2021-01-15 at 03:11.

The Following User Says Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post:
I added the following lines into my /var/lib/lxc/Debian/config:

lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 81:* rwm
lxc.mount.entry = /dev/video0 dev/video0 none bind,create=file 0 0
lxc.mount.entry = /dev/video1 dev/video1 none bind,create=file 0 0
lxc.mount.entry = /dev/video2 dev/video2 none bind,create=file 0 0
lxc.mount.entry = /dev/video32 dev/video32 none bind,create=file 0 0
lxc.mount.entry = /dev/video33 dev/video33 none bind,create=file 0 0

I can see the devices inside the container's /dev. But none of the apps seem to be able to work with them.

The Following User Says Thank You to vaskas For This Useful Post:
Hi,

lurker of the forums here, I upgraded my phone 4.0.1.48, tried to use harbour-containers without success. The xwayland display failed to start. I have not tried to trouble start as of yet.

Last edited by mibry; 2021-03-10 at 20:28. Reason: Updated english

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mibry For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by mibry View Post
Hi,

lurker of the forums here, I upgraded my phone 4.0.1.48, tried to use harbour-containers without success. The xwayland display failed to start. I have not tried to trouble start as of yet.
Welcome mibry!

Since you are in devel waters it is best to first ask Adam in person on Telegram how (and wether) to update at all

@bundyo might have advise since he upgraded to 4.0.1 very early successfully. He needed to manually downgrade some packages afair.
Adams Proš related Telegram group again:
https://t.me/sfos_user_pro1

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Welcome mibry!

Since you are in devel waters it is best to first ask Adam in person on Telegram how (and wether) to update at all

@bundyo might have advise since he upgraded to 4.0.1 very early successfully. He needed to manually downgrade some packages afair.
Adams Proš related Telegram group again:
https://t.me/sfos_user_pro1
Thanks, I reflashed my pro1 back to 3.4.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mibry For This Useful Post:
Is there any plans to update for sailfish 4 without having to downgrade RPM's?

Thanks in advance.

The Following User Says Thank You to mibry For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
I didn't downgrade - just some packages changed naming, so I had to do that before upgrading. Not sure, but I think in testing there's no need to manually do that anymore. You can ask Adam in the Telegram chat.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:

Tags
application, development, linux