Originally Posted by mosen View Post
https://mosushi.de/misc/yunosailfish.jpg
In defence of Wasmachinemann-NL.
Do remember that Chenliang Chen did urge us to first extensively use the Pro1 with Android before switching to SFOS . (Something I really dread doing once I do receive my Pro1. )
Additionally, Android does deliver *far* more than SFOS on at least anything GUI-candied.

Side remark, from an avid FOSS and SFOS user.
Being in some sense free, one can nowadays claim Android to be even more FOSS-friendly than (the official) SFOS, not?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AardDevil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ France
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
LOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLLL

A decade ago?! You have no idea how much different Android is nowadays. It's still far superior than Sailfish OS.
Like when Google engineers explain that the UI is designed for keeping the users using their smartphones during the most time possible for any tasks ?

Anyway, OS preferences are like religions or politic stuff. Everybody has their own preferences, which are personnals. No need to have exagerated reactions like you have everytime someone has a different opinion.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Astaoth For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wasmachinemann-NL View Post
Let me get asshurt real quick about that the Pro1's camera software IS ****ING GARBAGE. No autofocus, no shutter sound, and during filming I accidentally kept opening the camera settings which stopped my recording, twice
Just for forum members also here: try GCam Ports
Using that software, Pro1 can take really awesome photos.
The difference is huge compared to stock application and even much better than OpenCamera.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to VaZso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Might be a stupid question but do they (Gcam ports) support physical shutter button?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Koiruus View Post
Might be a stupid question but do they (Gcam ports) support physical shutter button?
Seems that they don't. The focus ring appears when the shutter button is pressed half way but when it is pressed to the bottom the Snapdragon camera is started.

Also the ports don't have an option to set the default image location to the memory card which is quite annoying. "There is an app for that" but...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OVK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Pretty good write up with only one big mistake, in saying that sailfish is a custom form of android. Other then that it was a pretty fair.

For those that don't see fx twitter feed, https://eandt.theiet.org/content/art...o1-smartphone/

x

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Hello everyone. Anyone canceled the order and got the money back? I tried to get refund for several reasons. I got a mail to confirm and was asked to explain. Since then nothing happened. That was at the beginning of February.
I never got the phone. Order is still in status process.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wuelmaus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Would suggest to try again. With the chinese new year mixed with corona virus closing factory and such has probably caused a lot of problems plus a flood of mails.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
I work for Helsinki city and just got an email that all phone deliveries are delayed by the supplier and it may take four months to get new phones. So the situatioln is affecting everyone.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
In case [pun intended] you haven't seen this already: https://community.fxtec.com/topic/28...rt-case-cover/
Didn't try because I haven't got flip cover for my Pro1, but sure it looks interesting.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit