Posts: 295 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Sounds like a sucker move to me, you should look at android or iphone4. You only have to use the N900 as an example to stay away from Nokia until they show signs of major improvement with their devices

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Adelaide, Australia
Originally Posted by teh View Post
You will be missed.
well played

Posts: 280 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Switzerland
Ehhh... please don't get ran over by a car, causing your body to resemble tekken combos in the air, while you peacefully and happily approach your store to buy your N8.

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Rochdale UK
*Bye Bye

For future reference.

yep symbian is junk.

Doing for years what apple and android are still struggling to do well, doing it on underpowered hardware and consuming only minuscule sips of energy while doing it.

Yes the bling is not there, but I tend to care about what's under the hood.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to icebox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
@icebox you should have stopped at the first sentence.

The bar has been raised so much higher than Symbian now. It is not a smart phone equivalent OS.
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
@necoicould

Your actions are totally idiotic.

If you needed more phone functions than the n900 or something like that then I understand your decision and wish you good luck.

Otherwise your corporate overlords thank you for wasting your money on the next shiney device.

You are an intergrate part of the system and also the problem.

I work in the mobile industry, I use all the top phones on a daily basis. I believe the N900 to be the best phone out now for its intended purpose. If you dont share the same sentiment just leave quietly? The N8 could be a neat bit of kit if symbian 3 shows any promise, and the camera technology is very impressive, however no phone/device out compares to the N900 is terms of features.

I see alot of phones and in almost 5 months now the only thing I consider close is the HTC Desire, might wanna look at that if the N900 is too much for you.

anger issues pervade this thread.

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Düsseldorf
For a device with Symbian OS?? o.O You´re crazy!!