Looks to me like Yandex store with a Sailfish Logo. It's also weird to see so many running Android apps and Android icons in app launcher on all those photos we get from India.

Maybe those are mockups, a marketing decision or it doesn't mean anything at all We'll see...

The Following User Says Thank You to caprico For This Useful Post:
Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
Regarding the announcement of partnership with Intex, I have noticed one thing that worries me:
[
Notice the Sailfish Store on the right. It may be just a mockup, but it looks like some generic Android app store (Yandex? Aptoide?) branded as 'Sailfish Store' at the top. Could it be that Jolla store is primarily for _Jolla_ devices (hence the name) and Sailfish Store will come as default in SailfishOS 2.0 (at least in some markets like India)? If so, it would be the end of native apps...
In that sense, one thing I did not like about one of the presentations of Sailfish 2.0 is that in this slide (from a re-tweet by @JollaHW)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CKAfJVrUkAA3gRC.jpg:large
it reads:
'Runs Android & Sailfish Apps'

Granted, there is are not so many native apps as in Android world, but it feels like they are already considered as 2nd class citizens.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by minimos View Post
In that sense, one thing I did not like about one of the presentations of Sailfish 2.0 is that in this slide (from a re-tweet by @JollaHW)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CKAfJVrUkAA3gRC.jpg:large
it reads:
'Runs Android & Sailfish Apps'

Granted, there is are not so many native apps as in Android world, but it feels like they are already considered as 2nd class citizens.
I doubt Intex have much if any interest in Sailfish. However they lack the resources to develop their own Android app store and make a success of it (and get revenue from it), but they can get revenue sharing from Sailfish / Jolla store and Aptoide through Sailfish. Also since there will be a relative paucity of apps, they can much more easily promote any potential moneyspinners of their own. It's worth trying for a relatively small player like them, even if their main business will continue to be Android (& FireFox). They might not sell that many, but they could potentially have higher revenue / margins per sale.

Indeed, the page on their website about Sailfish and their forthcoming "Aqua Fish" handset(s) shows more screengrabs from Android and iOS than it does Sailfish.