Active Topics

I have several Seinfeld DVDs. I have found the following issues when using Media Converter for the 770.

It does not matter if I use Media Converter to convert a DVD directly or use a different software package first (i.e. CloneDVD, AnyDVD) to strip the protection from the DVD then use Media Converter next to make them compatible with the 770, I usually end of with at least some of the following issues.

1 - Get a different language than English.
2 - The sound lags the video
3 - The director's cut audio

For instance, I have a Seinfeld DVD with 5 episodes on it.

Episode 1 - comes out in Spanish
Episode 2 - No problems
Episode 3 - director's cut audio
Episode 4 - No problems
Episode 5 - Sound lags the video

Anyone else having these issues with Media Converter? I have no issues when I rip the DVD to the hard drive and play them. But if I then convert those files with Media Converter or convert directly from the DVD I get the above symptoms. It seems to only happen when you rip it using Media Converter.

Tony

I haven't seen any of the issues you describe, but then again the Family Guy dvds I've been ripping to the 770 only have one soundtrack as far as I know.

DVD Shrink allows you to remove the soundtracks you don't want when ripping, which may be useful for the problems you had with ep 1 & 3. I found I had to rename the files it created to mpg, as Media Converter failed to convert them using the default file extension.

I haven't had those issues. I ripped a DVD of the Canadian TV show 'corner gas' and it worked well. Are you choosing the right files to convert? I had to manually look at the files on the disk and choose the ones that what I wanted. YOu can also choose the soundtrack you want, although the disk I did only had 2 options, stereo or 5.1.

Last edited by eye.surgeon; 2006-01-13 at 21:14.

I have had these problems. I ripped Lemony Snickets with DVD Decrypter and then I converted the VOBs with Media Converter. The sound lagged the movie considerably. It’s been a couple weeks since I tried so I don’t remember all of the details. I’ll try again this weekend.

The Following User Says Thank You to Biomech For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ the praeternatural tower
On the other hand, I've converted some videos with the non-free DVD Catalyst program and had the sound lagging by several seconds. Some work, some don't, and I cannot figure out what causes it.

So this is not just a Media Converter problem.

As indicated, when I rip the VOBs with a professional purchased ripper they sound great on the computer. However, when I use media converter to convert the very same ripped VOBs on the hard drive that work great to a size for the 770 that is when all the junk (a different language, director's cut, delayed audio happens)?

For instance I have a ripped file from Seinfield DVD called VTS_02_1.VOB The ripped version on the hard drive works great. I then take media converter and convert that file (the one on the hard drive) for the 770 and a file is created called VTS_02_1.VOB.nokia770.avi. When I play that file the audio is in Spanish instead of English?

The other files are converted in the same way and one of those has the director cut audio and the other has the audio that lags. But the ones they were ripped from on the hard drive play great? Go figure!

Tony