Posts: 469 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montana
I would think it will take some real creativity to make a nice leather case for the N810 (give the sliding keyboard below).

Has anyone actually seen a successful case design for a similar procuct?

seen some cases at pdair

I'm not sure whether the N810 ready for the harsh reality in my bags. Thus, I was looking for something tougher than leader, maybe a metall or hard plastic case.

Any ideas?

Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
I would think it will take some real creativity to make a nice leather case for the N810 (give the sliding keyboard below).

Has anyone actually seen a successful case design for a similar procuct?
I've seen THIS on eBay, some Hong-Kong leather cases for the N810. I'd like to have the Alu-Leather Case from Proporta though, if it was available for the N810....hope they think about it.

Last edited by Dibujor; 2008-01-01 at 18:36.

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
I'm in the process of designing my own custom case for my N810 - I've almost got all of the details worked out, just having a problem with what to do with the kickstand if anything... There's this German guy who hand makes custom cases - they're called FreaQs. I've heard from numerous buyers (Palm users) that they are very well made and well worth the money.

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Gaeta, Italy
I ordered that case from the Hong Kong ebay guy and it has shipped, I will post more pics and give my thoughts on it when it arrives. Might take about a week because of my schedule, but I will get it to everyone ASAP. That model you put a link for was for the N810.

Originally Posted by Dibujor View Post
I've seen THIS on eBay, some Hong-Kong leather cases for the N810. I'd like to have the Alu-Leather Case from Proporta though, if it was available for the N810....hope they think about it.
thanks for the link, i just ordered one (and a screen protector from the same seller).
doesnt look like it'll hold many suprises, but i'll post some impressions when it gets here, if anyone is interested.

Originally Posted by hallgreng View Post
thanks for the link, i just ordered one (and a screen protector from the same seller).
doesnt look like it'll hold many suprises, but i'll post some impressions when it gets here, if anyone is interested.
I'll be interested in a mini-review/1st impressions! I do not yet have a device, and I'm excited about getting one but I'm dreading having to find a good protective (but small) case.

For my ref here is link to the seller that (hopefully) will persist:

http://stores.ebay.com/Siemshop

the description for the case is "Leather Case for Nokia N810 Internet Tablet Book/Black".

Originally Posted by hallgreng View Post

You're welcome . I'm interested in your impressions. About the case I don't know if I'll wait for the alu-case from proporta to be made (it shouldn't take that long since they have one for the N800) although it is much more expensive than that hong-kong one. But just in case I want to know if the case is worth the money. I want a screen protector too, I've seen the anti-glare washable ones in PDAir but maybe those asian ones are just as good (and cheaper).

those from the ebay hongkong guy looks the same as the pdair.com site