Notices

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
@MartinK: I'll probably have to port server's GUI to QtQuick then. This should be relatively simple and would allow using the server simply in Linux. Right now, console interface is rather un-intuitive and hard to use.
I guess you can use Universal Components to keep Sailfish OS specific stuff (pull down menus, buttons, fast scroll listview, etc.) while being able to run the same UI codebase with QtQuick Controls 2 on desktop.

Corresponding issue is opened, let's see when I can make it.
Thanks! You can definitely count me in for testing.

As soon as proper GUI is ready for Linux, would be great to package it for Fedora. Although, it will require packaging of Valhalla, probably.
I've looked at the Sailfish OS Valhalla packaging and it looks pretty clean and not that Sailfish OS specific (even though I guess we could --enable-static=yes and use "normal" dynamic linking on Fedora). I'll try to build a package in Copr from the spec file and will report back my findings.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
@rinigus does Valhalla support any routing options (fastest, shortest route) ?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bomo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by bomo View Post
@rinigus does Valhalla support any routing options (fastest, shortest route) ?
@bomo, it does: https://github.com/valhalla/valhalla...costing-models

It has to be called by a map client. There are lots of options which maybe of interest, see the README. Since OSM Scout Server just forwards the URL as a part of Valhalla call, there are no adjustments needed on the server part - it should be ready.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Hi rinigus,

I'm trying to use OSM Scout Server with WhoGo Maps, tiles work fine, but I hava a little problem with route finding. Do both start and end points have to be on the same map?
Problem is map of Poland has one basic for whole country (selected in map selection) and detailed maps for each area (voivideship). As long as both start and endpoint are in the same area, routing works, if it's in different area (map) WhoGo Maps says no resoults found (although I can see in server mesages Valhalla has found it)

@MartinK: just read you have started on Fedora packaging, sounds great. There are probably few dependencies to go through. Note that I am using older libpostal, haven't worked on updating it yet.

Since its easier to test functionality on Desktop, I started porting GUI over to QtQuick 2. I hope to get it ready soon.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 137 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Guate
@rinigus do you know if valhalla could/will manage "offline traffic"?
thanks
/carlosgonz

Last edited by karlos devel; 2018-04-19 at 21:07.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to karlos devel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by karlos devel View Post
@rinigus do you know if valhalla could/will manage "offline traffic"?
thanks
/carlosgonz
The main issue is availability of the data. To my understanding, Mapzen started a project to collect such data, but got shut down. I think Mapbox (new home for Valhalla team) has an option to collect data for traffic on ios and android (not qt, if I understand correctly), so they may work on it too. But in Mapbox case, I didn't see any project that was supposed to make this data open. Although I may have missed it.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
The main issue is availability of the data. To my understanding, Mapzen started a project to collect such data, but got shut down. I think Mapbox (new home for Valhalla team) has an option to collect data for traffic on ios and android (not qt, if I understand correctly), so they may work on it too. But in Mapbox case, I didn't see any project that was supposed to make this data open. Although I may have missed it.
Well, the unique data needed is "speed-limit" of each street, with that could be knowing the traffic in whatever street; basically is comparing the speed current with speed of gps. As an examp: If I driving in a street where the speed-limit is 45mph but I driving 15mph for whatever reason then valhalla could suspecting a traffic based on data of "speed-limit/speed-gps/time-running-in-15mph" then new route could be generated. But this way perhaps need constant monitoring. : )
But even this feature could be implemented too without any of data, by just applying the "Logistic".
Thanks

Last edited by karlos devel; 2018-04-20 at 12:21.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to karlos devel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by karlos devel View Post
Well, the unique data needed is "speed-limit" of each street, with that could be knowing the traffic in whatever street; basically is comparing the speed current with speed of gps. As an examp: If I driving in a street where the speed-limit is 45mph but I driving 15mph for whatever reason then valhalla could suspecting a traffic based on data of "speed-limit/speed-gps/time-running-in-15mph" then new route could be generated. But this way perhaps need constant monitoring. : )
But even this feature could be implemented too without any of data, by just applying the "Logistic".
Thanks
Devil is in the details. You are welcome to search for "traffic open data" and read about it. Lots of challenges to make it work. For example, http://opentransportmap.info/ provides "average daily Traffic Volumes for the whole EU", but daytime is only for "Pilot Cities". Not much use of such data for routing in practice.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Devil is in the details. You are welcome to search for "traffic open data" and read about it. Lots of challenges to make it work. For example, http://opentransportmap.info/ provides "average daily Traffic Volumes for the whole EU", but daytime is only for "Pilot Cities". Not much use of such data for routing in practice.
Are you rejecting?
First osmscout-server is opensource which you must accept shared ideas from any sources. There are diferent way to implement "offline traffic" not just following ideas of other devs as a example,I know this task is no easy,at the end I just sharing with you the idea, because I believe in your huge work that you already done, at the same time I am the first on started donating money for you work, of course I will keep this.

Last edited by karlos devel; 2018-04-20 at 15:30.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to karlos devel For This Useful Post:

Tags
geocoder, linux, offline maps, router, sailfish os, tiles