Notices

Thanks for the info.
So I suppose that I can't add that command into a sudoers file so that a password won't be asked (meaning the command will be executed properly) when Catorise Plus tries to refresh the menu.
Now a password is asked when executing the root command, and I prefer it that way.
If there is no easy way to achieve what I want I will just have to manually execute "sudo /opt/catorise/catorise" after making the changes in Catorise Plus GUI (not that often) and saving them (it seems to work this way, but it is not "ideal").

The Following User Says Thank You to Malakai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Malakai View Post
Thanks for the info.
No problem.

So I suppose that I can't add that command into a sudoers file so that a password won't be asked (meaning the command will be executed properly) when Catorise Plus tries to refresh the menu.
As far as I know this is not possible.

Now a password is asked when executing the root command, and I prefer it that way.
I am with you.

If there is no easy way to achieve what I want I will just have to manually execute "sudo /opt/catorise/catorise" after making the changes in Catorise Plus GUI (not that often) and saving them (it seems to work this way, but it is not "ideal").
You need to change the source code. There you have several options. But which one is secure?

If you would like to use the sudoers file you could point in the source to a script which you put in the sudoers file or start catorise as root.

Btw there is another root command when you make a new category.
Some picture will be copied.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
So simplest solution would be to create a (sh) script to call catorise gui and on finishing call your sudo command.
And put this script into the desktop file to start from menu.
?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Halftux View Post
You need to change the source code.
Sadly the only code I kind of understand and can try to "play" with is shell scripting (and my knowledge remains basic).

Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
So simplest solution would be to create a (sh) script to call catorise gui and on finishing call your sudo command.
And put this script into the desktop file to start from menu.
?
Could be a solution... but as I don't often change the category of the apps I have, nor install too many apps, I think that I would simply execute the command to refresh the menu after saving the changes in Catorise Plus GUI (when the need to change the category of an app really exists). It's ok this way for now.

The Following User Says Thank You to Malakai For This Useful Post: