Who will switch to LUMIA 920, or consider buying it?
No thanks. If the jolla device doesnt live up to the hype then I will have to settle for an Android - im really hoping jolla delivers.

no way, not even in my wildest dream ... haha

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I think more people looking for an iPhone instead

6 hours and 55 minutes and 48 seconds to go

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

you know when i first saw WP OS I honestly thought it was sexy. it was so fluid and nice, but to find out that the functionality doesn't quite match up was a massive disappointment

I see the N900 owners more likely to go:
Jolla (if any good) > Android 4+ > BBX ~ iOS 6 > WP8.

I mean iOS and WP are on equal footing if you think about software restrictions etc etc, but at least iOS has a large ecosystem to boot.

QNX/BlackBerry10 seems like the "spiritual successor" to Harmattan and webOS so users are more likely to jump to it than iOS, however it also has some restrictions and basically no ecosystem. Hence, overall a tie with Apple's latest and greatest.

Android 4+ is already has some familiarity with Maemo's backbone. The fact that its the world leader and getting better and better means the majority would rather this than any of the alternatives. Oh, and there's some info/evidence floating around that the next Android version (5.0) will have a dramatic change "under the hood" and it'll rely on The Linux Kernel or a new kernel that shares very identicle resemblance to the mainline kernel (un-forking).

I only put Jolla in the list because I'm hopeful, it may be vaporware afterall. Or worse, humiliating.

(PS What ever happened to the Vivaldi Tablet ?)

I'm flattered

Last edited by Kangal; 2012-09-12 at 10:52.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
I'll be sticking with my Nokia E7 for the moment.

Tempted to pick of a Nokia 808 though.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Not switching to WP8, neither Jolla, N9 will always stick with me until it breaks into half.

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Brazil
NO way!
10chars

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Graveyard
Seriously, Lumia 920/WP8 looks promising

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
I had a Lumia 800. There are quite a lot of important (to me) features that WP7 lacks, so I returned it and use my old Symbian based C7 as my main phone again meanwhile.

Will I buy a WP8 based Lumia? Depends on if these issues are resolved. I don't find any detailed information on WP8 so I cannot decide at the moment, but I'm relatively sure WP8 will not have the features I need. It's not that Microsoft couldn't implement them in WP7, they didn't want to because it's against their business model. So there's hardly any hope this will change in WP8.

So... no, probably no Lumia 920 for me.

Tags
lumia vs iphone