Notices

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Edmonton Canada
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
well it got updated here fine... I did have a problem a few updates earlier but its all due to the store... What u can do is if the installation is failing, the .deb file should have been downloaded to /var/cache/apt/archives/partial/

pick it up from there and install it...

It's weird.. Most times I have issues updating apps, but, it'll generally work after I give it a few goes.. Billboard on the other hand will not..

If I check in ../partial/ I can see it downloads 239b and fails, so, I'm clearly not getting the full app. I've deleted the partial download and tried again and it just keeps failing on 239b.

It's like Nokia is trying to sabotage everything to do with the N9 sometimes..

So frustrating ..

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
k take the failed file and copy it to MyDocs...then rename the extension to .deb instead of .FAILED and then click it to install...IIRC a notice will pop-up to ask if you want to allow additional download of the difference in file size...it should work then...

Sorry to put it here Thomas but I couldn't find any existing thread and don't want to start one. The latest update to gPodder doesn't work; it launches and quits. Just to let you know.

The Following User Says Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
Sorry to put it here Thomas but I couldn't find any existing thread and don't want to start one. The latest update to gPodder doesn't work; it launches and quits. Just to let you know.
An update for gPodder is on its way - see http://blog.gpodder.org/2012/07/gpod...-n9-users.html for background information. Thanks for letting me know!

Thanks for the updates! One request (I know you're drowning in them), would it possible to also add to-do's along with the events?

Thank you in advance!

Originally Posted by standop View Post

(3) Unfortunately, recurrent events do not show up at all in today-events. Only one-time events are displayed on the screen. Maybe they are stored in another format, and have to be read out differently?
From what I've seen it seems to pick up the newest entries in the calendar.

In my case, recurrent events are not displayed - whether they have been in my calendar before I installed billboard or just a few minutes ago.

Posts: 256 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Europe
A quick question: how to change line-height for 'billboarded' text, if this is possible at all?

{events} problem very weird, not sure if its the system or billboard, now i got my {events} working properly again after one week 'break'

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
A quick question: how to change line-height for 'billboarded' text, if this is possible at all?
The font size can already be changed. If you mean the spacing between lines, this cannot be changed (yet?).