Active Topics

Originally Posted by gawga_boy View Post
Hopefully Philippines 64GB Black is soon to follow.
Just flash it from Navifirm. I did and no problems for me. It takes forever to download.

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
Originally Posted by biz78 View Post
Still no Notification for me here in Washington DC. I have maniuplated with the PR1.2 on my device (open mode and all) would that stop the upgrade notification? My current firmware version is 30.2012.07-1_PR_005
In the DC area also, but I got my OTA update already. I have a Central Europe variant on my device, what region is your firmware? That is probably what is preventing you from seeing the update.

Originally Posted by myeyegooogles View Post
Just flash it from Navifirm. I did and no problems for me. It takes forever to download.
Tried Navifirm but our firewall at work blocks the nokia servers. Don't have a windows machine at home.

The Following User Says Thank You to gawga_boy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
Just received my Singapore 64gb Black OTA notification

Will wait for tonight before I update though

Edit: BTW, I am in the UK
Good stuff, haven't received notification for my Singapore 64gb Black yet, located on east coast, states side.

Originally Posted by ZackMorris View Post
In the DC area also, but I got my OTA update already. I have a Central Europe variant on my device, what region is your firmware? That is probably what is preventing you from seeing the update.
How do you find out the country variant on your device?

Im actually curious, is there ANY benefit what so ever of flashing both FIASCO and eMMC with the latest version?

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Originally Posted by jpfsn View Post
I cant install OTA, I get error:

"unable to trace installation package dependencies"

Same here. I have Inception and unrestricted system UI. Seems I will need to reflash.

Same here as well, i havea number of tweaks - and the nokia software updater still does not show the update, even though the OTA does.

It only shows update is 0k.

Do you think uninstalling some tweaks would help?

Originally Posted by ssciberras View Post
Same here as well, i havea number of tweaks - and the nokia software updater still does not show the update, even though the OTA does.

It only shows update is 0k.

Do you think uninstalling some tweaks would help?
Reflash your device to make a CLEAN install!

Installing a new firmware OVER am existing firmware with hacks and tweaks installed is just going to give you a MAJOR headache...

Just do a clean flash of PR1.3 and you will not have any major issues from tweak incompatibilities.

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by hunter012 View Post
Can I backup my applications with Nokia Suite, then load new PR1.3 with Nokia Suite, then restore (from backup) the applications?

I see a lot of posts about waiting for OTA to avoid losing apps and stuff, but I can't see why a backup/restore of data/applications would not solve that issue
Applications are not backed up. That's one reason why you see people waiting for OTA update.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2012 @ new york, NY
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
While I generally agree with you, let me just put in perspective that I have an iPhone 4 for longer than the N9, at the same price with a quarter of the memory/storage, which received only 1 major upgrade (where they added one or two UI things), as opposed to the N9 which received 3 (PR1.1 almost immediatelly, 1.2 and 1.3).

Just thought I'd mention it :-)
I see what you're saying. That does put it in perspective

Tags
bugfix-focused, dashed hopes, nokia fanbois, popcorn, pr1.3, pr1.3 party, troll alert