What do you guys think? I'm working on getting my hands on one. I'm starting to fall in love with it.

My feelings against all things Windows is based on my years of I.T. experience. The Tilt looks really cool but as it is running Windows Mobile it will be an almost constant nightmare for you if you start installing any apps that didnt come with it.

Windows Mobile is nothing more than a slightly evolved, marginally brain damaged version of Windows 95 (!) and has all the stability issues that come as a free bonus with all things Windows.

One of the favorites with a WinMob device is the weekly reboots that are required in order to facilitate (im)proper operation.

I dont necessarily hate windows- I make my living from it because its pure crap.

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Yup. Great design. Too bad it runs Windows.

Originally Posted by thunder7 View Post

Windows Mobile is nothing more than a slightly evolved, marginally brain damaged version of Windows 95 (!) and has all the stability issues that come as a free bonus with all things Windows.
Hahaaaahaahahahahaha!!!!

SEARCH! It's probably already been answered.

Originally Posted by noyz View Post
What do you guys think? I'm working on getting my hands on one. I'm starting to fall in love with it.
It has all the features I want and need, I don't mind (although also don't particular care for) WM, and it looks absolutely perfect, except for one crucial problem. It only has a 2.8" screen. My current PDA (a Palm OS Sony Clie) has a 3.5" screen, and that's as small as I ever plan to go. Reading GPS maps on a 2.8" screen sounds both unpleasant and nearly useless. I have a friend with an HTC TYTN, it also has a 2.8" screen, and it's also simply too small for useful web browsing.

If it had a 3.5" or larger screen, it would be absolutely perfect. As it is, I'm wating to see what is announced at CES and MacWorld in January. If something with a 3.5"-5" screen and either a qwerty keyboard or a multitouch virtual keyboard, wifi, and GPS comes out, then I'll decide between it and the n810, otherwise I'm getting an n810. I'd like a real camera, I'd like something that would work as a phone, but the tiny screen is just too tiny for me.

I love my N800 (still using OS2007) and can now claim total dependency.

But, don't you think it's funny that the AT&T product running Windows is named Tilt? As in pinball machine "tilt?"

the design is beautiful, ya to bad it runs window

The design might be nice. The Windows thing kills it. And it has the same problem all the other all in one (PMP+Cellphone+GPS) things have. If you run out of battery watching some movie or listening to music your can't call anyone or be called.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2007 @ New York
Heard The Battery Power Is Subpar Read The Review On Cnet