Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
-- added --

Last edited by ammyt; 2011-07-09 at 19:43.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by muerte88 View Post
Worked like a charm! Easyest way to install android ever! THX u! Just a few problems, I can't get the network working and the wifi...it seems it can't get pass "obtaining IP adress " or something like this...anyway, any help is welcomed. THX again for this tutorial
IS your wifi encrypted? ull have to change the wifi encryption mode to wep? I guess it will work and thanks for the feedback

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Yes the network is encrypted...well, I'll give it a try later from scratch! I'll factory reset my phone and try the tutorial again. Hope it workes this time.

Originally Posted by muerte88 View Post
Yes the network is encrypted...well, I'll give it a try later from scratch! I'll factory reset my phone and try the tutorial again. Hope it workes this time.
I'll look into a solution for ya
here try this first:
Change the encryption from WPA2 to WPA from your Wireless Access Point. This is a compatibility issue hopefully gonna be fixed in later releases

thanks man, appreciate it

Airplane mode OFF:
for ppl who enabled airplane mode fixes are in here tried by me:
1. enable the widget power control nd turn airplane mode off
2. if didn't work disable pin code in maemo
3. the technical solution:
Code:
cd /and/data
Code:
rm -rf *
mkdir logs
Code:
chmod 777 logs
cd /
Code:
umount /and
BE CAREFUL IN THE rm -rf BE SURE U CD'ED IN DATA, I once deleted my nitdroid files in this method !
I would be happy an answer any questions and inquiries

Last edited by ammyt; 2010-12-02 at 13:51.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 78 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Dec 2010
Thanks Nitdroid support for the fixes and thank you ammyt for listing them in the noobiest way! I've successfully turned off airplane mode by removing pin in maemo, and added tons of apps in the market. All like a charm!

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Stockholm
Is this a one boot android solution or can I use it as a second (dualboot) android solution. I really just want to test... I have a 6gb SD card and would be fun to test the nitdroid from this memcard.. OR maybe possible to mount nitdroid from a directory on my installed 32gb sd card in my n900???

Originally Posted by illemann View Post
Is this a one boot android solution or can I use it as a second (dualboot) android solution. I really just want to test... I have a 6gb SD card and would be fun to test the nitdroid from this memcard.. OR maybe possible to mount nitdroid from a directory on my installed 32gb sd card in my n900???
This is a way to dualboot Android and maemo, both OS'es. After installing in this method look into ur memory card and phone memory settings in NITDROID u'll find that ur memory card installed is 21GBs and 3GBs of phone memory

Originally Posted by XxJacobxX View Post
Thanks Nitdroid support for the fixes and thank you ammyt for listing them in the noobiest way! I've successfully turned off airplane mode by removing pin in maemo, and added tons of apps in the market. All like a charm!
Way to Go. And thanks for your feedback Jacob

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid