I have a strange problem with notification LED. Some days ago I have installed application called "Lens Cover Reminder". I have chosen in that application menu - in LED window- option "PatternError". Everything was correct (I mean vibra and LED) apart from one thing - since that moment I have strange "side effect": after locking keyboard and screen, notification LED is pulsating in white in 7-8 seconds period of time. I can't turn off this behaviour. I have uninstalled application"Lens Cover Reminder"' but after that nothing has changed. Even after rebooting the device. It is very annoying.
In have installed application "LED Patterns" to check if there is an option to turn off this effect, but there is not.Can anybody tell me how to get rid of this LED pulsation?

Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Maybe the uninstallation was not clean.
Could you look after following files if they are still there?

Code:
/usr/lib/hildon-control-panel/lens-cover-reminder-cp.so
/usr/lib/hildon-desktop/lens-cover-reminder-sp.so
And check your gconf file with:

Code:
gconftool-2 -R /apps/maemo/lens-cover-reminder
If there is still something you could delete it with:

Code:
gconftool-2 --recursive-unset  /apps/maemo/lens-cover-reminder

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Thank you very much for so fast reply. I am sorry for delay in my posting.

In /usr/lib/ were no files "left" by Lens Cover Raminder (by the way I have deleted Lens Cover Reminder using dkpg --P command, so there should be no remains of it).

When I have used gconftool I got 3 positions so I deleted it.

But, alas, it did not help. Nothing has changed. It seems like some system process starts described blinking after screen is turned off.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by NotMicro View Post
I have a strange problem with notification LED. Some days ago I have installed application called "Lens Cover Reminder". I have chosen in that application menu - in LED window- option "PatternError". Everything was correct (I mean vibra and LED) apart from one thing - since that moment I have strange "side effect": after locking keyboard and screen, notification LED is pulsating in white in 7-8 seconds period of time. I can't turn off this behaviour. I have uninstalled application"Lens Cover Reminder"' but after that nothing has changed. Even after rebooting the device. It is very annoying.
In have installed application "LED Patterns" to check if there is an option to turn off this effect, but there is not.Can anybody tell me how to get rid of this LED pulsation?
go to "Settings"->"Notification light" and uncheck "Device on"

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
go to "Settings"->"Notification light" and uncheck "Device on"
Great!! It works! Thank you very much! So simple, so good. I have seen this setting before, but I had no idea that it can solve my problem.
By the way, this option in Settings is probably some kind of mistake made by Nokia. After unchecking "Device on", notification light still lights up when turning device on and off. This option turns off blinking light duing "stand-by" (when only screen is turning off). Strange.
Nevertheless thank you once again.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
... By the way, this option in Settings is probably some kind of mistake made by Nokia. After unchecking "Device on", notification light still lights up when turning device on and off. This option turns off blinking light duing "stand-by" (when only screen is turning off).
Or you read it incorrectly - It means "Blink the led while the device is on", it has nothing to do with on<->off transittions

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post: