Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
Bootloader's already unlocked, unless installing an update since has locked it again. But everything in developer mode settings is still set up as per instructions.
I struggled with it before the official release from Jolla. In the end getting the right drivers for Windows solved it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rob_kouw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rob_kouw View Post
I struggled with it before the official release from Jolla. In the end getting the right drivers for Windows solved it.
Yes, I really suggest using flashtool - it also have the option to install the drivers - will even tell you you need to install drivers.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rob_kouw View Post
Have a link for that one?

Found a load of apps claiming to be called Flashtool.

The Following User Says Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
OK, so far everything hasn't worked.
Windows on my desktop (10) cannot find any drivers for the phone, even though I have downloaded them from Sony's website and told "Update Drivers" where they are..
I'm going to try my Windows 7 laptop and see how that behaves.

Have a link for that one?

Found a load of apps claiming to be called Flashtool.
http://www.flashtool.net/downloads.php

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Thanks nieldk.

Having no luck whatsoever with this.
Even tried Windows 7 and getting the same cr@p about Windows not finding a driver for the phone despite re-downloading from Sony's website and starting from scratch.

If anyone cares to have a go I'll gladly send the phone to you. It'll have to be a UK address though.

Even tried Windows 7 and getting the same cr@p about Windows not finding a driver for the phone despite re-downloading from Sony's website and starting from scratch.
The instructions in section 2, on the Jolla website are missing a couple of steps which could cause a little confusion. The correct instructions should be:

(The lines I have added are in bold)

If your Windows finds the fastboot driver for you device automatically, you can skip to section 3. If the driver is not found you need to install the driver manually, here are the instructions to do so:

2.0 While the device is off: Hold down the Volume Up button on the device and connect your device to your computer via USB. The LED next to the speaker on the device should light up blue.
2.1 Download the Xperia™ X fastboot drivers from Sony’s website.
2.1.1 Right click the xperia-x-driver.zip file, and click Properties, if there is a checkbox labeled 'Unblock' then tick it and click OK.
2.2 Right click the xperia-x-driver.zip file, and click “Extract” it to a directory.
2.3 Open the ‘Device Manager’:
2.3.1 On Windows 7, right-click the ‘Computer’ icon on the desktop and choose ‘Manage’. When the Computer Management application appears, choose the ‘Device Manager’ in the tree.
2.3.2 On Windows 8 & 10, Device Manager can be found by right-clicking the Start button, or by pressing Windows+X on the keyboard.
2.3.3 In Device Manager, click the 'View' menu option, then ensure 'Show hidden devices' is checked.
2.4 Find the ‘S1Boot Fastboot’ device in the tree. If it is not correctly installed, it will show a warning sign.
2.5 Right-click it and choose ‘Update driver’
2.6 then ‘Browse my computer for driver software’,
2.7 Select “Let me pick from a list of available drives on my computer”
2.8 Select “Show All Devices”
2.9 Select “Have disk…”
2.10 Select “Browse …” and go to the directory where you extracted the driver package at step 2.2
2.11 Select the driver information file called ‘sa0114adb’ in that directory and click “Open”
2.12 Click “OK”
2.13 Then you should see “Sony sa0114 ADB Interface Driver” in the “Model” list.
2.14 Click “Next”
2.15 Then you might see “Update Driver Warning” for this you need to select “Yes”
2.16 After this you should see “Windows has sucessfully updated your drivers” and you can click “Close”
Now your device will be ready for unlocking.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to caa For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Thanks nieldk.

Having no luck whatsoever with this.
I am not really surprised since windows is not meant for that kind of work. (or any other kind of work either really IMHO)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Firstly. Thanks to caa for taking the time to hammer all that out. Bet your keyboard's worn out now.

Just booting up my Win 7 laptop and I'll give it a try.
If that lot doesn't work I'll go get my Ubuntu laptop.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I am not really surprised since windows is not meant for that kind of work. (or any other kind of work either really IMHO)
Yeah, I always had problems getting Windows XP to install the drivers for the N900. Never tried it Windows 10 yet. Probably have the same issues.