Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
Originally Posted by bilofsky View Post
The author of doc reader has just compiled it for OS 2008.

I installed it and antiword on my N810 and it works - I think. I can run doc reader and view Word files in a legible format.

But it doesn't automatically handle .doc files, not even when invoked from File Manager. I had to run doc reader and then open the file from its menu. Is that the way it worked on OS 2007?
Thanks for this; going to lunch now to download this and hopefully, I can start transistioning some of my Word docs to the tablet now.

doc reader now works on the 08. However Graphics in the document dont show. I tried exporting it to pdf. Though it transported with graphics, the formatting was all out of whack.

Is there any other .doc reader which supports graphics in the document?

Well I had no trouble installing doc reader and antiword. But if I open a file from my XP PC through doc reader (from a shared folder) I see the doc file, can select it but then get a blank page.

If I open a local (internally stored on N810) file with say html append, doc reader then opens another box and asks if I want to convert it. I tried to txt and again got a blank page.

Any ideas?

BTW, I downloaded today so presumably got the latest version of each.

Both files were small and with no pictures.

Originally Posted by dschwartz View Post
Is there a program for the N800 to view word .doc files?
I have been using google docs. You can have a try