Notices

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Portsmouth UK
Ok, I've Googled this quite a bit and I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. The Telepathy Jabber client on OS2008 connects to the Jabber server and gives itself a priority of "0". This is fine, but if I want to have other resources with lower priorities, they have to be negative values, which can have other effects on the resource.

Is there a way to change this? I've taken a look through the gconf configs for /Apps/Telepathy but I can't seem to find any value for priority. I also installed Pidgin, but that doesn't have a priority setting anywhere either, and it just uses a priority of '1'. There doesn't seem to be any other Jabber clients avaiable.

Have I missed something or can anyone think of a solution? Thanks a bunch,
Kevin

Posts: 228 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Ontario & Iceland
I can't help you with this one but one question back to you, using the builtin client do you find it randomly disconnecting? I run my own xmpp server (and have tried it against others) and the disconnect issue makes the app less than ideal. Pidgen for example doesn't have this problem but I don't need or want a heavy chat app running all the time. The builtin app would be perfect like it is with the SIP client.

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Portsmouth UK
Never had that happen, I run my own server as well. Well actually, come to think of it, it has happened, but not often enough to bother me. Like maybe once every couple days? I just shrug it off as shitty internet service. Pidgin reallllly choked on my N800 though.

Tags
jabber, pidgin, priority, telepathy, xmpp