Notices

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ beijing-islamabad
thanks for wonderful work mate .Just wanted to know if new Qt-components affect any of already installed packages from repos ?Since they replace the built in nokia Qt components , so will it be ok to have them ?
secondly after installation of these Qt-components ,will it be possible for us to install ported meego apps for fremantle ? & will it affect any package which is already there in repos (as if deb - installation requires old Qt-components ) ?
thanks .

The Following User Says Thank You to imo For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
please clarify where should we depend on, qt-components or qt-components10 and why

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
please clarify where should we depend on, qt-components or qt-components10 and why
to run meego apps .
to get blanco theme working perfect .
to get a feel of N9 on N900

The Following User Says Thank You to imo For This Useful Post:
about when do we expect anything for CSSU users to test new qt-components and experience meego apps ?

Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
Tested and working fine with Meecast except for forced Autorotation with CSSU.
Thanks, remember that all qtcomponent based apps must be on Autorotation blacklist. That's something that developers should take into consideration when packing their apps (triggers should help in this case)

The Following User Says Thank You to inean For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
BTW, if I understand the situation with the theme correctly, all the icons in:
http://meego.gitorious.org/meegotouc...s/master/icons
Have been generated to PNGs and are inside the new base theme package ?
No, only the icons whose name match 1:1 with the ones presented at blanco theme.
Icons are fetched from this sources (in preference order): Darko theme > qt-components-base-icons package > meegotouch-graphics-theme

There seems to be quite a few issues though:
  • many icons that should be black are white
    examples: icon-s-common-previous, icon-s-common-next, icon-m-toolbar-list, ...
Those icons probably comes from meegotouch-graphics-theme. remember Meego UI? It was quite dark... .

[*]most *-inverse icons have just the red placeholders
I guess just generating the non-inverse versions and then applying an inverse filter with imagemagic should fix this ?[/LIST]
IMO, the best approach is to provide good icons to darko-theme. That way, I could merge it into qt-components-base-theme. Go ahead If you feel that the imagemagic approach could do the trick. It will benefit not only us, but also nemomobile.

I encomend you to push your apps into extras-devel, even with the red incons problem. Maybe a a designer is interested in your app and provide the missing icons your app need.

Originally Posted by imo View Post
thanks for wonderful work mate .Just wanted to know if new Qt-components affect any of already installed packages from repos ?Since they replace the built in nokia Qt components , so will it be ok to have them ?
Those that already depends on qt-components-10. Because this is a lib package, they should update their package dependences to match latest qt-components-10 package.

Said that, according to packages.maemo.org there isn't any program which depends on original qt-components.

secondly after installation of these Qt-components ,will it be possible for us to install ported meego apps for fremantle ? & will it affect any package which is already there in repos (as if deb - installation requires old Qt-components ) ?
thanks .
The first version of qt-components-10 could be paralell installable with qt-components, because the different name space (org.maemo.fremantle vs com.nokia.meego). That is no longer the case. To add support to CSSU, I'm deploying to sets of QtComponents inside qt-components-10 packages, one that works with both, SSU and CSSU (org.maemo.fremantle) and another one (com.nokia.meego) which only works with Qt >= 4.7.4 (and don't require any tricks on QML code, only platform adaption)

Theoretically, a lazy developer could backport their app just removing unsupported Harmattan features, if any, and packing for fremantle. Problem is that he/she will be targetting CSSU users only.

IMO, the approach following in the HelloWorld example doesn't require much more effords but you gain the possiblity to reach extras repo (like meecast)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to inean For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
Your are luckily if your app works properly with qt-components package. A simple hello world app (The one that is generated by qt-creator) lacks of:
  • VKB integration (yes a a VKB in portrait mode thanks to Maliit guys)
  • Switch or close buttons
  • Autorotation
  • Window state notifications (inactive, visible thumbnail, visible fullscreen)
  • Status indicators (batery, time, cell state, wifi state, etc)

Originally Posted by imo View Post
about when do we expect anything for CSSU users to test new qt-components and experience meego apps ?
The main difference between org.maemo.fremantle vs com.nokia.meego is related to workarounds against bugs is qt 4.7.0.
org.maemo.fremantle MUST run with reaster qt graphics engine, while com.nokia.meego SHOULD be run with opengl graphics engine. (and only by CSSU users, remember)
  • fremantle components use Qt 4.7 namespace (they don't depend on qtquickcompat package)
  • fremantle components don't have magnifier (opengl segfault)
  • fremantle users can't use 'action key' (with SipAttributes component) on Maliit VKB (qt segfault)
  • fremantle users can't use opengl with progressbar (qt segfault)

I still wonder why Nokia didn't push a Qt 4.7.3 or 4.7.4 on oficial firmware...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to inean For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by inean View Post

Those icons probably comes from meegotouch-graphics-theme. remember Meego UI? It was quite dark... .
Well, the end result is still the same - you get get buttons with icons that can't be seen. Would a list of icons having this problem help ?

IMO, the best approach is to provide good icons to darko-theme. That way, I could merge it into qt-components-base-theme. Go ahead If you feel that the imagemagic approach could do the trick. It will benefit not only us, but also nemomobile.
Well, I'm unfortunately already quite overcommited. There seems to be no shortage of Fremantle theme designers - maybe some of them could step forward for such an important project ?

Said that, according to packages.maemo.org there isn't any program which depends on original qt-components.
So if it's not used & badly broken it might be safe to remove it ? Not sure if there is some easy way of doing that or if you need to tell the super-testers or repo admins.

Last edited by MartinK; 2012-04-07 at 18:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post: