Active Topics

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ East of England
Hi emjayes, Quick question if i have qwerty12 way installed and working do have do anything different to installing your way. Only reason i want know is because i wanted test out "In N810 the screen orientation is automatically set depending on the state of the slide keyboard."

Thanks

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Oulu, Finland
If you have the rotation support already installed, you can just skip running of install-xrandr-kernel script, since you already have the kernel and xserver that support rotation.

So yes, you can install sliderotate to get the automatic rotation with the kernel already flashed.

Last edited by emjayes; 2008-07-23 at 07:21.

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ East of England
Originally Posted by emjayes View Post
If you have the rotation support already installed, you can just skip running of install-xrandr-kernel script, since you already have the kernel and xserver that support rotation.

So yes, you can install sliderotate to get the automatic rotation with the kernel already flashed.
Thanks for your quick reply

This worked flawlessly for me on an n810 running Diablo, using just the top section of the posting (had to install becomeroot first) to add the correct catalog, load the package and run the install. Great functionality, thanks so much!

New version 0.0.22.diablo now has the ability to use sounds when slide state is changed.

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=22199

Last edited by emjayes; 2008-07-24 at 14:48.

The Following User Says Thank You to emjayes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
i've a question... is it correct, that there is a chebox for "Use PORTRAIT mode..."
shouldn't it be landscape mode instead?? the action is correct, only the term is wrong...
another question: after installing sliderotate there remain some .debs...
in x terminal:
root
ls
there you can see all the installation stuff.. can it be removed?? and if yes, how?
thanks.
i can't deinstall anymore via redpill mode gizmo-installer, skype-installer and rhapsody-installer.

Last edited by zehjotkah; 2008-07-25 at 19:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
You are correct: It should read "landscape". I will fix this in next version
Yes, you can delete the debs after succesful installation.
rm <filename> is the command.
I will make the installer remove them as well in the next version.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emjayes For This Useful Post:
Ok, I followed all the instructions for the Diablo installation. I ran the commands in XTerm and rebooted, but it won't rotate. The power menu doesn't appear when I hit the power key, so I know that part worked. And ideas?

When i rotate to portrait and and open the keyboard it switches back to landscape fine. When i close, it doesn't go back to portrait. I've tried the box checked and unchecked. And it seems to have stopped working alltogether after a reboot.

Something i'm missing?

Just wanted to say thanks to all the developers for making this such a great product and easy to install.

I'm running the current Diablo on my n810. All I had to do was run http://mikie.dy.fi/maemo/sliderotate-diablo.install let App Manager and install-xrandr-kernel do their things and everything works great!

Thanks again, you guys (gals?) are amazing!