I just purchased an iGo Stowaway ultra-slim bluetooth keyboard to use with my n800.

The quick start guide said to go to www.thinkoutside.com using my device and that I should be able to download the keyboard application directly to it from the website. It also said that the website will automatically detect the type of device and offer the correct driver for download. Well that didnt happen. I typed in the above url and it took me to mobilityelectronics.com which had a link for keyboard drivers. When asked to select the manufacturer of the device, the only option was Nokia Other or Nokia Symbian. I chose other and it offered no models so now Im stuck.

Now what do I do?

Thanks,

Shannon

Just use it. It worked fine on my N800 with no extra drivers installed. (It ought to - it's a bluetooth keyboard and the N800 has built-in support for bluetooth keyboards.)

Posts: 469 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montana
You won't need any driver for the N800. Just go into the Bluetooth section of the control panel on the N800, set the keyboard to be visible per the instructions (I think there are like 3 keys you hold at once), and then pair it with the N800 by intering the code on the keyboard and hitting enter. Then you should be good to go.

as the tethering sequence at the keyboard side is blind, it may take a few attempts, though - I never managed it in the first attempt.

Thanks for the info. I already tried to pair the keyboard and my n800 about 50 times. I have the n800 set on visible and I made sure the keyboard was in pairing mode by hitting the 3 specified keys simultaneously.......then I entered the passcode in every way I could think of on both the device and the keyboard and could never get them to pair up. I might have to contact iGo about it I suppose.

Shannon

The Following User Says Thank You to weeshan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Michigan, USA
Hi,

Are you holding the control key down when you enter the numbers?

I have the iGo and the Dell version of the keyboard and they both connected fine - I can even use them at the same time.

I seem to remember I had to press OK on the N800 screen before typing the number on the keyboard.

Yes, I am holding down the control key while entering the numbers AND I clicked ok on the n800 screen first.

I dont get it. My n800 is picking up the keyboard and the light is flashing on the keyboard so it seems it should work.......but its not. And here I was worried about how I would do with the tablet. Im doing great with that but the keyboard certainly isnt cooperating!

Shannon

Did you press ENTER after entering the 4 digit code?

Posts: 191 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Ottawa
Originally Posted by weeshan View Post
Yes, I am holding down the control key while entering the numbers AND I clicked ok on the n800 screen first.

I dont get it. My n800 is picking up the keyboard and the light is flashing on the keyboard so it seems it should work.......but its not. And here I was worried about how I would do with the tablet. Im doing great with that but the keyboard certainly isnt cooperating!

Shannon
Shannon,

It is a little tricky getting the keyboard to "pair" with the N800, but it can be done. I suspect you are pressing the wrong modifier key. On the iGo, you want to hold down the blue function key while pressing the numbers, and then press return after the 4 numbers. The N800 doesn't give you a bunch of time, perhaps 10 seconds to type in the numbers.

I just received an iGo (which replaces my think-outside, which has some dead keys), and got it to pair without too much trouble.

hope this helps,

Craig...

The Following User Says Thank You to cvmiller For This Useful Post:
cvmiller,

Thank you SO VERY MUCH!!! I have been dinking around with this keyboard all day and trying every combination possible. After following your instructions I got them to pair on the first try.

Shannon

ch8xy-I was hitting enter after the passcode but apparently the trick was holding down that one function key.

Thanks everyone for helping me.

Last edited by weeshan; 2007-12-11 at 03:18.