Originally Posted by qole View Post
Code:
wmctrl -r sword -b toggle,fullscreen
Another neat way to toggle fullscreen, is to use evrouter + wmctrl, after installing evrouter, just put:
"Internal keypad" "/dev/input/event2" none key/64 "Shell/wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -b toggle,fullscreen"
in ~/.evrouterrc

and at startup, run:
evrouter /dev/input/event2
(you may need to first change permissions on /dev/input/event2, or use sudo.)

Then you can toggle by simply pressing the normal fullscreen button.

I also have:
"Internal keypad" "/dev/input/event2" none key/65 "XButton/3"
in .evrouterrc, so the right button sends a right click (like in the vnc viewer)

evrouter is neat

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dblank For This Useful Post:
Cool tip.

And of course, if you have usbmouse, you have evrouter; that's what we used to map events to clicks. If you're gonna use grown-up apps, you oughta use grown-up peripherals.

Pingus works. It stutters a bit in the title screen, but once you get to the game, it's very playable with the stylus. So far, anyway. My 5 year old is engrossed with my N800 playing it. That should keep him out of trouble for a few minutes.

Start it up like this:

hilda pingus --fullscreen --geometry=640x480

We've pingus on ITOS, though. It does have a memory leak, which perhaps the Debian one doesn't, though.

Originally Posted by Benson View Post
We've pingus on ITOS, though. It does have a memory leak, which perhaps the Debian one doesn't, though.
Hey wow, so we do. Pingus on Debian on the N800 isn't perfect either. It gets stuttery the longer you stay in a screen.

Chromium is too slow to be playable.

Blobwars (Blob Metal Solid) works GREAT. The only problem is that the opening screen says "Press space to continue." So on my N800, I had to go into windowed mode to bring up a keyboard so I could press the space bar. After configuring the keys, it plays just like the desktop version, except that it can get bogged down if you start blowing away lots of bad guys all at once, which can be good because I can then savor the moment. This is my son's favorite game, so this is a big win and Daddy is a hero tonight.

Chromium and supertuxkart both take advantage of hardware 3d acceleration. Please realize debian chroot or booting debian does not give you hw 3d acc. Thankfull frozen bubble doesn't need that, I imagine how fun it is!

Cheers,
S

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by dblank View Post
I also have:
"Internal keypad" "/dev/input/event2" none key/65 "XButton/3"
in .evrouterrc, so the right button sends a right click (like in the vnc viewer)

evrouter is neat
That might be the magic I need, thanks for the tips! It's sort of a 'Forced-Hildonization'

Originally Posted by scumgrief View Post
Chromium and supertuxkart both take advantage of hardware 3d acceleration. Please realize debian chroot or booting debian does not give you hw 3d acc. Thankfull frozen bubble doesn't need that, I imagine how fun it is!

Cheers,
S
I realize that. I'm just impressed that opengl works at all, even if it's without hardware acceleration. I knew supertuxkart wouldn't be any good, but I hoped chromium would be better than it was because it's less graphically intensive.

I'm serious about frozen-bubble addiction.

Last edited by Makurosu; 2008-07-12 at 01:55.

Yeah, Chromium's actually remarkably intensive for a top-down scroller; makes for beautiful graphics, though, on machines with hardware!

How do you install evrouter?
apt-get install evrouter doesn't work :/

Tags
debian, deblet, easy debian