Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
That will bump up my n810 from 4G micro/adapter to a whooping 8G without adapter. Did I order one? Need to ask?
You have to use my link, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820220295, kind of difficult to find it from their search, dont know why, running low on supply?

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-05-25 at 23:27.

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
If it hasn't shipped yet, I would recommend canceling the order. I just returned mine last week. Worked for 20 min. then crashed and wasn't able to get it working again. Read the review on newegg. It seems that they have some quality issues. In fact I posted a warning about this last week.

Also for some reason, they bumped the price up another $2!

Last edited by crabolsky; 2008-05-26 at 02:15.

Originally Posted by crabolsky View Post
If it hasn't shipped yet, I would recommend canceling the order. I just returned mine last week. Worked for 20 min. then crashed and wasn't able to get it working again. Read the review on newegg. It seems that they have some quality issues. In fact I posted a working about this last week.

You are 100% correct. I read your post too and I also irked to find out they jacked the price by $2. I think because Mara ordered it and caused the price hike Patriot finally responded to the complaint and posted in newegg.com, "please return for an exchange...5 year waranty". I think it is like everything in life, you will have to take a chance if you want to save a couple of bucks, the cheapest I can find mini or micro 8G is $66 shipped. I happened to have also snapped up a $14 4G miniSD, as you have recommended. Again, thanks for the warning. It is always good to have some balance and check.

bun

Hey no problem. You are right that this Patriot card is the cheapest 8gb card out there by a long shot. Part of me thinks I should have just taken another chance (as some other reviewers on newegg did) and get a replacement, but I didn't want to have to go through the whole tedious process of returning it again.

One promising thing I worked out tonight though, is that the REALLY slow transfer speeds on the 8gb card were not a failure of the card. It seems that the same is true transferring to the internal card of the 810 (there is another post about this floating around).

At any rate I hope you get a good one! Let me know how it works out.

The Following User Says Thank You to crabolsky For This Useful Post:
The slow transfer rate may bother me when playing media. I will keep you all update once I receive the card Tuesday

bun

I posted about transfer rates recently. I found that many SD cards don't get anywhere near their advertised speeds when transferring lots of small files and folders, as in a typical backup. But when I tried moving a single big file, such as a 100MB video, the speeds were right up around the advertised numbers.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kent Multer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
Originally Posted by crabolsky View Post
If it hasn't shipped yet, I would recommend canceling the order. I just returned mine last week. Worked for 20 min. then crashed and wasn't able to get it working again. Read the review on newegg. It seems that they have some quality issues. In fact I posted a warning about this last week.

Even at that low price I would stay away, the last thing I want is for my memory cards to fail, even if they have a warranty.
Think of it as buying a parachute and backup parachute combination.
Would you go for the low price with a known high failure rate, but a great return warranty?
I'd buy them if I used them like a thumb drive to pass data back and forth, but not as something I'd rely upon.
PLEASE use the Wiki

The Following User Says Thank You to gemniii42 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gemniii42 View Post
...I'd buy them if I used them like a thumb drive to pass data back and forth, but not as something I'd rely upon.
Points well taken. ALL my stuff, except music and video, are 3 copies everyday. I used my tablet in work, and immediately enterring data, I saved to the int media, then to the ext media, then "shared folder" to my PC. The majority of the card will be for music/video which are copies from my PC. Your point is a good point and should be reminded as often as possible. I also remember a similar warning form an IT collegeau when harddisk FIRST came out, "hard disk provides a false security, always back up"

bun

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
Points well taken. ALL my stuff, except music and video, are 3 copies everyday. I used my tablet in work, and immediately enterring data, I saved to the int media, then to the ext media, then "shared folder" to my PC. The majority of the card will be for music/video which are copies from my PC. Your point is a good point and should be reminded as often as possible. I also remember a similar warning form an IT collegeau when harddisk FIRST came out, "hard disk provides a false security, always back up"

bun
Yes, but in those days backup meant punch cards
from here
In 1956 IBM invented the first computer disk storage system, the 305 RAMAC (Random Access Method of Accounting and Control). This system could store five MBytes. It had fifty, 24-inch diameter disks!
My first hard drive for a desktop was 10Mb and cost the office $2,000. And that was considered a bargain. Now I can easily buy 10 Terabytes for the same $$.
PLEASE use the Wiki

Originally Posted by gemniii42 View Post
Yes, but in those days backup meant punch cards
from here

My first hard drive for a desktop was 10Mb and cost the office $2,000. And that was considered a bargain. Now I can easily buy 10 Terabytes for the same $$.
A clarification, I meant PC hard drive. I am NOT that seasoned.

Along the same line of "implication for age", we used to harass our 20 some years old cutie high school teachers by asking the question, "Did you vote for Johnson?"

bun