Posts: 12 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ New York,NY
Here are some images from sxc.hu I downladed and formated to 800x480. sxc.hu is a great royalty free photo sharing site. I picked out some pretty ones and formated them for you guys. Hope you enjoy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8679396...7604251303895/

My Current Background

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gutterboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Florida
Not a huge effort, but I, for one, thank you for *any* and *all* effort put forward to help people enjoy their N8x0 tablets!

... particularly my own!

Thanks!

Ken

P.S. I really like the "glass" mushrooms, and the peacock feather ... excellent placement of the feather for a background.

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Phoenix
These are nice, thanks... I like the wood one.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ New York,NY
I did this when I was bored at work the other day. I enjoy browsing sxc.hu. I will try to build up the file amount to 40+ soon. Btw, I intentionally crop and scale images to better suit the layout of the N810. eg, if the main focus of the image is all the way left, I flip it horizontally so the focus can be framed to the right by the task bar and navigation bar. I know it isn't much right now but I will continue to add pics. Also, I have zero programing and linux experience so this is what I can do for now.

One thought while you're making these; you might consider making 800x800 wallpapers so they work on portrait mode as well. I'm using some Images from digital blasphemy, and I cropped them all that way.

Unfortunately, you have to manually re-apply the wallpaper when you rotate the screen, since the window manager isn't really smart enough to figure it out.

I made this for my laptop, desktop, and tablet. I can trim off the website address if requested.

Thanks a lot, very nice of you!