Notices

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Germany - Munich
Originally Posted by dblank View Post
I would have expected it to load from /lib or /usr/lib first, don't quite understand why it doesn't
Well, that's a bit logical (/usr/local is supposed to override the system programs) and also I guess the order has an importance there:

$ cat /etc/ld.so.conf
/usr/X11R6/lib
/usr/lib/minimo
/usr/local/xrdp
/usr/local/lib
/usr/lib
/lib

Thanks again, it's great having xmms on the tablet!
Yep, I think also. I'm using it only really now since 10mns. Cool
I have to say some buttons (like the options) are a bit small, but well..

Next step, we need this nasty visu plugins!!

Originally Posted by free View Post
Well, that's a bit logical (/usr/local is supposed to override the system programs)
I always thought it was the other way around, heh.

I think some older Linux distros I used to run had /lib or /usr/lib first either in ld.so.conf or LD_LIBRARY_PATH, either that, or I'm crazy.. or I guess both could be true

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Silly-Con Valley
The normal procedure on Linux was to go from system to user with /lib then /usr/lib/ (or /usr/X11/ if it was a video) then /var/lib/ then /usr/local/ then pwd. Windows works in the opposite direction. There has from what I can see been a movment at least in the gnome world to be more windows like. Not good IMHO but hey what do I know.

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Washington State
Will there be a point in time where I don't have to do LANG=C xmms, and just be able to launch it with xmms and still be able to see text in the menus?

btw: This is an excellent port. It has become my new favorite player. If only I could launch it from IDEA or Simple Launcher.

Originally Posted by frasej View Post
Will there be a point in time where I don't have to do LANG=C xmms, and just be able to launch it with xmms and still be able to see text in the menus?
Change:
Exec=xmms %U

in /usr/share/applications/xmms.desktop
to:

Exec=/bin/sh -c "LANG=C xmms %U"

Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain
free, could you publish the dev xmms packages? So we could compile some plugin for it.

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Silly-Con Valley
Ok installed it over on my 770. There I am running the latest HE 2007 OS. If I try and start xmms (even with just a simple xmms at the command line) I get the error "Illegal Instruction" I'm going to have to find strace and install it to get you more. But for now suffice it to say it's a negative on HE2007 for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to linuxrebel For This Useful Post:
Same "Illegal Instruction" for me on my 770 and HE 2007.

The Following User Says Thank You to BanditRider For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by frasej View Post
Has been updated yesterday, the menu now contains the LANG=C stuff. Or did I do a mistake? humm.. SImply redownload the xmms .deb , check MD5 and install the deb (either by clicking on it or dpkg -i <deb> in xterm)
It's only in the menu. So anything that calls it directly will still need the LANG=C stuff.
Anyway, it looks like xmms is also taking other LC variables because I'm still able to see text in my native language even with the LANG. I'll investigate..
btw: This is an excellent port. It has become my new favorite player. If only I could launch it from IDEA or Simple Launcher.
Yes, the result is excellent.
I've posted how I did it, it is quite straightforward.
For the maemo specific stuffs, I need to RTFM a bit.

Last edited by free; 2007-11-21 at 12:06.

Originally Posted by yerga View Post
free, could you publish the dev xmms packages? So we could compile some plugin for it.
Sure.
I'm uploading it in a minute and updating the first post.

Tell me when they are available!! A pity we don't have opengl..