Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
So alot of people have had problems with their Jolla with SailfishOS 1.0.3.8 randomly rebooting, me included.

What I've found out is the problem seems to be heavily wireless-connectivity -related (PS: I know there's a thread in together.jolla about this problem).

Surprisingly, I stumbled upon a possible fix: remove TOH when your Jolla is in the reboot loop, and the boot loop problem is solved! I've had success twice using this 'fix', tried it just minutes ago when my Jolla got into boot-loop and my Jolla instantly recovered from it
Hopefully this fix works for all.

To be inspected next: will stopping/disabling tohd.service solve this random rebooting & boot-loop problem all-together.

Last edited by Thoke; 2014-02-23 at 13:33.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Thoke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 42 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Netherlands
I own a BlackBerry Z30 and BB10 devices have issues with random reboots as well.
A possible cause that we think is the Android apps that cause the system to reboot when making connections or doing stuff that BB10 security doesn't allow.

Perhaps also something to be looked into with Sailfish?

The Following User Says Thank You to Micha For This Useful Post:
At least I don't use Android stuff and still have random shutdowns/reboots

I've had two other random shutdowns so far, even with tohd.service disabled, so it doesn't seem to matter in that regard. BUT. I got my Jolla to boot without problems both times, with the Other Half removed from the phone. But in these cases Jolla didn't go to boot-loop mode, they were just a plain shutdowns without auto-rebooting. It's to be seen what causes the different malfunction-behaviour. Also to be tested if disabling tohd.service permanently helps with recovering from shutdowns (I actually forgot the cli-command for that).

happens to me, supposedly something to do with network

https://together.jolla.com/question/...ly-shuts-down/

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
happens to me, supposedly something to do with network

https://together.jolla.com/question/...ly-shuts-down/
Random reboots and random shutdowns are not the same thing, though.

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
I have had few odd reboots and one situation with red LED blinking. All were fixed opening cover and pushing loose battery back. I fixed/tightened the battery with card (paper) and no reboots after that.

It looks, but I can not be sure that the bad connection of the battery was the reason for the reboots.

Last edited by rannari; 2014-02-25 at 19:49.

I have massive problems with both shutdowns and reboots. Open OH and take out battery only fixes the problem temporarely.
But 2 days ago i really took battery out for 1hour. Since then I didnt get one shutdown/reboot. We'll see.

Some days ago I got a care email saying they fixed two problems regarding shutdowns and reboot loops.
I'll wait the new update before sending my phone in if it still should be needed.

Last edited by CLRS530; 2014-02-25 at 22:52.

Now my phone got stuck in the reboot-loop. This sucks

This time the red light flashes and Jolla logo appaers and disappears semi-randomly. It's a pattern switching between Jolla logo just showing briefly before the screen turning off and the logo being there a longer time with a red rgb flashing briefly now and then.

Also, recovery mode gets stuck in the Jolla logo too (but at least there's no rebooting)

I'm about to write a very angry e-mail to Jolla Care and wait for an answer, but then I know it tooks so awfully long time for them to respond... So I'll send my phone to repair to Optima service and send an email to Jolla care separately. Let's see if they dare to charge me for the repair.

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
Originally Posted by Thoke View Post
Now my phone got stuck in the reboot-loop. This sucks

This time the red light flashes and Jolla logo appaers and disappears semi-randomly. It's a pattern switching between Jolla logo just showing briefly before the screen turning off and the logo being there a longer time with a red rgb flashing briefly now and then.

Also, recovery mode gets stuck in the Jolla logo too (but at least there's no rebooting)

I'm about to write a very angry e-mail to Jolla Care and wait for an answer, but then I know it tooks so awfully long time for them to respond... So I'll send my phone to repair to Optima service and send an email to Jolla care separately. Let's see if they dare to charge me for the repair.
Have you tried Option 5 in Recovery Menu???

https://together.jolla.com/question/...e-thats-stuck/

Have a look at the answer given and try option 5 from recovery.

Btw. what do you mean by
Also, recovery mode gets stuck in the Jolla logo too"
Do you just trying to connect while the device is bootlooping or do you completely turn off your device, unplug USB cable, wait a few seconds and only then
  • Press volume down and power on the device
  • Plug in USB cable and telnet to 10.42.66.66

Regards,

J4ZZ

N900 ~ $ make me a sandwich
-bash: no, make it yourself
N900 ~ $ sudo make me a sandwich
-bash: ok then...

Last edited by J4ZZ; 2014-02-27 at 14:20.

Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by J4ZZ View Post
Have you tried Option 5 in Recovery Menu???
  • Press volume down and power on the device
  • Plug in USB cable and telnet to 10.42.66.66

Regards,

J4ZZ
I get this bootloop too and before that i have many randoms boots

I use this recovery (option 5) and wola! even android apps not shutdown so much.. You should try it!