Notices

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by optimaxxx View Post
not user-scalable, just fullsize/compact
Can you make a suggestion how the compact layout would look like using the background images from the media player? Using the icons that are already there or maybe with some new icons for compact mode.

The Following User Says Thank You to percy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Switch_ View Post
If you want me to run up some *.svg's for you I can do that too.
Thanks. Will keep that in mind as an option.

I think I prefer the suggested compact and fullsize layout where I can use the same or specialized icons.

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
I had to remove this from my desktop because when i wasn't using it i saw in conky it was using 97% of CPU

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Seatle, WA
Originally Posted by percy View Post
This sounds like the functionality from FM CarKit.

As already mentioned this doesn't seem to be a trivial change so don't expect this in the near future. My spare time is rather limited.
Can the fm car kit routine not be called when the button on your fm is pressed... haven't looked at either of the code, but my developer mind is just wondering... sorry if it is big change...

Originally Posted by richwhite View Post
I had to remove this from my desktop because when i wasn't using it i saw in conky it was using 97% of CPU
It didn't get better after re-adding it? Or at least a reboot should have helped.

Originally Posted by mehulrajput View Post
Can the fm car kit routine not be called when the button on your fm is pressed... haven't looked at either of the code, but my developer mind is just wondering... sorry if it is big change...
Triggering Car Kit should be easy. Just like FM Boost. Someone asked if I could integrate the functionality of FM Car Kit into FFM. I think that would be much work.

As you're a developer you could easily check if runnig Car Kit from FFM does work. If you have Nokia SDK and QtCreator installed you can add the call at line 182 of ffmwidget.cpp. There is already the call of FM Boost as an example.

I am not using Car Kit myself so it's hard to say if it is working as expected when adding this call. If you could tell me the path and filename and any needed parameters I can add the call myself and give you a snapshot package to test.

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
It didn't get better after re-adding it? Or at least a reboot should have helped.
Well it'd been rebooted a few times before i noticed it

Triggering Car Kit should be easy. Just like FM Boost. Someone asked if I could integrate the functionality of FM Car Kit into FFM. I think that would be much work.

As you're a developer you could easily check if runnig Car Kit from FFM does work. If you have Nokia SDK and QtCreator installed you can add the call at line 182 of ffmwidget.cpp. There is already the call of FM Boost as an example.

I am not using Car Kit myself so it's hard to say if it is working as expected when adding this call. If you could tell me the path and filename and any needed parameters I can add the call myself and give you a snapshot package to test.
I tried checking out the source of fm car kit, might have to get in touch with the dev to see if I can get any code as there is none in the maemo repository just the compiled so file.

I tried checking out the source of fm car kit, might have to get in touch with the dev to see if I can get any code as there is none in the maemo repository just the compiled so file.
have sent email to fm car kit author for the source code or tips on integrating. Hope he responds pretty soon. Some body has put a bug too that source is not available.

have sent email to fm car kit author for the source code or tips on integrating. Hope he responds pretty soon. Some body has put a bug too that source is not available.
Originally Posted by trlopes1974 View Post
One other VERY Interesting and usable 'thing' I'dd like to add was FMcarKit. But the developer has never answerd me and the source code is not available. I do have an earlier source code versions but I can't tell if they are the working ones.
I guess there must be a reason his "source" package contains a binary. So I wouldn't expect an answer. Loading the binary in a text editor it seems that he is using alsactl and alsamixer. Not exactly my area of expertise. Maybe Google or the forum can help us here.

Tags
friendly fm