Notices

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
Does anyone have the .deb file for Blitzkrieg Onslaught...the scorched earth like game? Theres an entry for it on maemo.org under os2006 downloads. I used to have the .deb but cant find it anymore...would really appreciate any help.

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
I would like a nice Scorched Earth type game. Plenty in Flash, so we should be set

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
Dont like any of the others....blitzkrieg onslaught was perfect...played it more than any other game ....can anyone port this, I found the .deb for it. It will actually install on my N810 but wont start due to some missing dependancy...dont have my tablet handy at the moment, will post what the missing dependancy is in a few.

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Have you actually played the original Scorched Earth before? Blitzkrieg looks EOL to me--can't find any sources. What was it about that version that you liked better than Scorched Earth?

Edit: Upstream sources. Just wondering if it's worthwhile resurrecting an abandoned project when there are a lot of maintained versions around for the porting.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Last edited by Flandry; 2009-11-05 at 18:07.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Netherlands
Would love to see a game like that too, especially, off course, with network support!

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
I thought i'd give updating blitzkrieg onslaught for Maemo5 a go but ran into a lot of GTK and Hildon errors when compiling. I suspect it's only a matter of familiarity with the differences between prior and current Maemo/hildon to fix it, but i have alas no familiarity with either.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following User Says Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post: