Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Did you guys put this in the doc before it was locked, how many times do we have to explain these things?

Locked now, I need more people to volunteer to help please!!!
PM your Gmail address, if you don't have one create one & then I can give you editor rights.
It needs to be sent in about 24hr, & I don't have time to review/edit, I haven't reviewed it at all in the past wk+.
I'm adding those who have volunteered now....
Please coordinate with Tim Samoff who is organizing maemo's coordination efforts with Jolla at the moment. Also, please note that we are currently working through a formal non-disclosure agreement with Jolla which may get us information that may not be available publicly.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
I brushed the questions a bit. There are some new answers from Stskeeps there. Those without answers can be sent to Jolla I guess.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
Please coordinate with Tim Samoff who is organizing maemo's coordination efforts with Jolla at the moment. Also, please note that we are currently working through a formal non-disclosure agreement with Jolla which may get us information that may not be available publicly.
Fair point, I have contacted him (CC'd a few others) to see where to from here, TY.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
I PM'd timsamoff, stskeeps, & the two main document co-editors approx 31hrs ago...
I'm finished with this, hopefully others will step-up & formally present it on behalf of the community.
Personally I think it's best that it comes from someone on the Council or BoD....
I take-off for work related stuff in about 48hrs & then on to the longest leave I've taken in years.
I suspect the Council/BoD have too much on their plate atm, & so can't have this ready/sent in the next few hr.
Hopefully though one or more of them will be willing to help finish-it-off within the next wk or so.
For those that wish to be made editors of the two Google docs, I can be PM'd at any time.
Thanks to everyone that helped, especially shmerl, who did much of the doc formatting/organizing.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-12-12 at 16:34.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Thanks, I'll look into this and try to incorporate some of the info in what I'm doing... I'm a bit swamped with work stuff at the moment, so it'll take me a day or so to read through the thread.

Tim

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to timsamoff For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by timsamoff View Post
Thanks, I'll look into this and try to incorporate some of the info in what I'm doing... I'm a bit swamped with work stuff at the moment, so it'll take me a day or so to read through the thread.

Tim
Thanks Tim, feel free to PM your Gmail address at any time, & I will give you complete access to the Google docs.
(Which were just recently changed to read/comment only, except for editors)

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-12-13 at 08:03.

I'd like to suggest a hardware solution to make Jolla standout:
http://www.engadget.com/2012/12/13/y...roid-hands-on/

Of course 3ed quarter of 2013 might be too late, it could be something to tinker with!

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by RX-51 View Post
I'd like to suggest a hardware solution to make Jolla standout:
http://www.engadget.com/2012/12/13/y...roid-hands-on/

Of course 3ed quarter of 2013 might be too late, it could be something to tinker with!
instead of two screens I think jolla should build one 6,3 full HD inch screen device and add a keybaord. As a secondary option: A disc phone.

Like this:
http://www.slashgear.com/6-3-inch-sa...2013-13260736/

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-12-14 at 17:47.

Errm, what are you talking about crazy Dave, this is the perfect thread for that sort of input...
Thanks for the useful input RX-51, editors will eventually add it to the docs, if something like that isn't already in the hardware section.

Dual screen idea is definitely interesting. I hope it won't get some ridiculous patent, preventing anyone else to implement such setup.

One question however is ergonomics. Holding something in the palm of your hand feels good if it has enough friction with the surface. Having a glass screen there doesn't feel comfortable. I wonder how they are solving this.

Last edited by shmerl; 2012-12-14 at 06:45.

Closed Thread

Tags
jolla, nokia-again?, not-so-open, totally closed, zipper is open