Originally Posted by Singh View Post
anybody help me please ......

root : Y9dcLsmF0WiLg :

thanks in advance .....
try 131313
10 chars

The Following User Says Thank You to saponga For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on May 2013 @ Kathua, Jammu and Kashmir, India
Originally Posted by saponga View Post
try 131313
10 chars
It works ..... thanks you saponga .....
cherrs

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on May 2013 @ Kathua, Jammu and Kashmir, India
Originally Posted by SMAr2wo View Post
i saw the post of another user and i tried with 14 instead 13 (13 gives me blank )

Now i have:
root:X.Y572PMbT106: or 1O6

i am unable to crack it. Can you help me please?
better to take screenshot n upload too .... if you are not sure ....

hopefully u get help .....

The Following User Says Thank You to Singh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 69 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Joseon
screenshot
i think is o not zero..in comparsion with N9"00"

i tried with john1701/179w2 but it doesn't give me the pass.
Attached Images

Last edited by SMAr2wo; 2013-05-28 at 14:53.

! SOLUTION 4 EVERYONE ![/SIZE]

is a lot of text because not all of users are experts, but i explain in details everything. Ignore the "story" if you are an advanced user.
@ novice users. Read all this at least once before get to work.

As i observe, most of users can provide themselves the root: code. (ex: YkZJD6y7iJrw but they unable to crack the code. So...i concentrate this post on that.

If you don't know what is the root:

1st step.: - install the application root sh (from app. manager)
- go to xterminal and type without quotes this 2wo tags:
- "sudo gainroot" ....hit enter
- " echo root:$(grep -A 13 lock_code /dev/mtd1|tail -1): "

* you should have
- root:YkZJD6.7iJrw: (is just an example! yours will be different!)
- copy all in a text file with a easy-name, for ex. "oldpass.txt" on your PC.

*if a blank results appears ( root: : ) change 13 with 14 (it was my situation) like in the photo from my other post.

2nd step
- download the program from http://www.4shared.com/rar/f-nuCGi4/john1701.html (John1701) on PC. or google it if the link is dead.
Obviously, the newer version of John are good too, but you must pay attention for .exe name (In this case John-386.exe, see "run folder.")
Unzip it. Put it in Program Files. (you should have 2wo folders -doc& run )
- copy the oldpass.txt in the "run" folder.
* to easy your way go to "run" folder and open "john.ini". there you will find:

[Incrementaligits]
File = $JOHN/digits.chr
MinLen = 1 ----> modify (it will short the time of the cracking) it to 4 to be sure.
MaxLen = 8
CharCount = 10
if you feel lucky put 1 to 6 and 8 to 6.

Ignore the rest of text. save it from the menu. close it.

- open cmd (you should be familiary with the basical DOS commands.). In win7 you will have c:/user/MyName or documents and settings in XP. change directory (type cd..) to the main ( c:/ )

-change directory to john/run (type cd "Program Files"\john1701\run)

- type: john-386 -format: DES -i:digits oldpass.txt (delete all the space between format and DES!)
(or try john-386 -i:digits oldpass.txt )

will appear:

1 Loaded password hash (traditional DES....)
guesses: 0 time: 0:00:05..bla bla..
That means the cracking is active! Counter is on. You are on the right way. if you hit the "down button" from your keyboard a new row appears with the counter. HAVE PATIENCE!!! can take more than 5 minutes. just wait untill 1 gesses apears. and with this all is finisched, you have the LOCK-CODE.
In my case (see photo below), the lock-code is 52546372

* if "no password to hash " appears is something wrong with the code or with the text document. copy exactly all details, like in the blue text from above if still not working, delete the john folder and unzip it again, repeat the steps.

This is a video but i text all just in case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iABHWFo4LkQ

tips: if you have trouble typing echo tag:

connect your N900 ( mass storage) . Make a new .txt
. put the tag there. save it. disconnect it. open file manager from n900. open the text. press (from the real keyboard) ctrl+a (select all), after that ctrl+c(copy). close the text file. open xterminal and when you need it, go to to the menu (on top) and select paste. Voila!
Attached Images

Last edited by SMAr2wo; 2013-05-28 at 21:26. Reason: incomplete

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SMAr2wo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by SMAr2wo View Post
! SOLUTION 4 EVERYONE ![/SIZE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iABHWFo4LkQ
Hope the video helped.

The Following User Says Thank You to topet2k12001 For This Useful Post:
yes, the video is gold. all thans goes to you.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Well, as people might recall, I once upon a time made a small shell script that would automate the recovery of the lock code, and posted it in this forum thread.

Tonight I finally got around to (read: was hit by an obscene burst of motivation, sacrificing hours of sleep just to try to make this work, for some inexplicable reason) trying to put it in the repositories.

And I must say - trying to package a single simple shell script and a single text file (the sudoers one) that doesn't need any compiling or makefile-ing or anything, is one of the most infuriating things I had had to deal with in recent memory. Why the frak is it so frakking hard for the whole process from dpkg-buildpackage to the autobuilder to simply get that all it needs to do is wrap up the existing files in a simple .deb, without any running of makefiles, etc.

Okay, sure, maybe I'm misusing the autobuilder by giving it a package that doesn't need any building. Sue me. I like using the extras assistant instead of uploading packages by ssh or whatever.

[/rant]

Anyway, it's in the repository now. Before it's ready to be pushed down to extras-testing for testing/voting/promotion-to-extras, I still need to give it an icon, give it a bug tracker link (which is preceded by opening a garage page for it), and figuring out more concretely if the 'Architecture' needs to be 'Any' or 'All' in the debian/control file, but on that latter point it seems to work either way, so doesn't really matter (Edit: double-checked debian documentation, the original "All" I had it set to was correct). But once that's done (hopefully not too far into the future), I'll go ahead and promote it (which would drag John The Ripper package down with it, hopefully..., though that might have blockers to promotion on it). Now I spent about 6 of my available 7 sleeping hours tonight on getting this up (okay, a little bit of that was posting here, but mostly it was from getting it uploaded to extras-devel), so that is all. Tomorrow I will make a proper announce thread for this package, I just wanted to mention it on the thread where it is already most relevant.

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2013-09-11 at 10:05.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Just for the record, recoverlock announce tread has been made:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...51#post1373751

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Having Problem With N900......
Pls Help Dear......
I Flashed My N900 With Both EMMC And Combined File.....
But i Forgot The Lock Code......
So After Flashing When I power On My N900 its Asking For Lock Code......at start Up(Boot)
What should I Do........
How To Break The Code.........Or Enter The Maemo
Pls help????????

Tags
devicelock, nokia n900