http://www.tmonews.com/2011/08/virgi...tomer-service/

I think the spot is.. spot on. Would be nice to get some response from T-mobile and have better plans. They don't have any viable prepaid data package out there.

The Following User Says Thank You to Radu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Whether you like T-Mobile, you have to admit that this is a compelling ad and pretty sad to watch--especially the AT&T comments.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Yeah, I just hope that there will be more true competition on the market.
Sprint has better coverage than T-mobile, so T-mobile should give people more incentive to switch (or keep their plan).
For example, something like a basic prepaid plan, say, 20 bucks a month, where you get 1gb of data, 100 minutes and 100 SMS.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Radu View Post
Yeah, I just hope that there will be more true competition on the market.
Sprint has better coverage than T-mobile, so T-mobile should give people more incentive to switch (or keep their plan).
For example, something like a basic prepaid plan, say, 20 bucks a month, where you get 1gb of data, 100 minutes and 100 SMS.
You KNOW they wouldn't charge $20 for only that. I would expect they would charge $20/m for 256mb data, 100 minutes and 100 SMS. The carriers ALWAYS f*** you on the data--ALL of them.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Well, yeah, but VM gives you 300 minutes, unlimited SMS, and unlimited* data for 35 bucks.
Of course, their unlimited data is not really unlimited, but I think it's something like 2.5gb then throttled down after that.
The only incentive to still be with T-mobile is if you travel a lot and need a GSM phone. Or if they have better coverage in your area. But I have almost 0 T-mobile coverage at home.

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
I have very good coverage with T-Mobile where I am. Unlimited time to land or mobile numbers, unlimited text + 2G data per line. Throttled to Edge after that, but no actual limit and no overage charges ever. All that on 2 lines for $99.98. No one else can touch it.
Registered Linux user #266531.

Last edited by Crashdamage; 2011-08-08 at 19:19.

The Following User Says Thank You to Crashdamage For This Useful Post:
That's a great deal IF you have coverage where you live and if you need all that.
I don't have coverage, and I don't need unlimited stuff. I use VOIP for my calls, because most of them are abroad. And I barely text, so for me paying 100 for two lines would be overkill.

Tags
isp wars, virgin