Notices

Hi,
I'm happy to announce the release of uRemote 1.0. uRemote is a remote access client for uTorrent that is intended to replace the WebUI on the N900.
It is currently in the testing repository, so I encourage you to try it out and vote on it's promotion to extras.
Let me know if there are any bugs/features you'd like me to implement. If you have a bug please attach /var/log/uremote.log to your post or include a copy of the console output.

Screenshots:

Last edited by rdnetto; 2010-02-27 at 09:38.

The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to rdnetto For This Useful Post:
Thanks a lot. Will give this a try once I fix my phone lol

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Manchester, UK
how do i connect it to my utorrent on my win7 pc???

First of all, setup the WebUI on your PC (see the utorrent website for instructions on how to do this).
After that, you will need to enter your username and password under the settings section (click on the title to get the main menu).
under hostname you will need to enter the computer's IP address (unless you have winbind working or are using a hosts file). To get the IP address type 'ipconfig' into a command prompt on the server and look for a line labelled 'IPv4 Address'.
Hope that's clear enough

The Following User Says Thank You to rdnetto For This Useful Post:
Works great remoting Utorrent on Windows Home Server. No bugs yet here as far as I tried.

Thx!

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Manchester, UK
ok i found the ipv4 in cmd but what port shall i type in ? is still saying "There was an error conecting to the server: HTTP reguest filed!"

No luck. I used the IP address I get from the website given above. I typed in the port as set in my utorrent, username and password.

But it keeps saying host not found?

Hostname: http://xx.xx.xx.xx/
Port: xxxxx
Username: same as set in utorrent
Password: same as set in utorrent

I am using WLAN. Anyone help? Thanks.

I checked using the builtin web browser and I was able to see my utorrent using the settings.

Last edited by hlchoo; 2010-03-06 at 13:09.

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Poland
From the very beginning to grapple with the problem .. As soon as start app, i receive the message "There was an error connecting to the server HTTP request failed"

Who can help?

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Wow, awesomeness. About to try it. A tiny widget for the standby screen which shows how many torrents that is uploading and downloading would also be awesome.

EDIT: At first I got an error message but after a restart it worked as a charm
EDIT#2: Voted. Also, will you fix the password box in the next version so that it's really a password box? Also, do you encrypt the password?

Last edited by ToJa92; 2010-03-06 at 13:43.

Originally Posted by pabloniss View Post
From the very beginning to grapple with the problem .. As soon as start app, i receive the message "There was an error connecting to the server HTTP request failed"

Who can help?
You need an active internet connection, so you won't get this message anymore when you start this app.

Edit: @hlchoo, your ip shouldn't start with http :P example: 172.31.255.255

Last edited by Mar0; 2010-03-06 at 13:44.