Active Topics

Notices

Thanks Robertme, I can also confirm notifications work on the pebble time steel!. Brilliant work. Please let us know where we can donate. Looking forward to the calendar functionality and hopefully more!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wormdrummer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Edit:
By the way, I found a way to enter the Pebble (Time) App Store and getting all the .pbw files without needing anything:

Maybe we could implement this in our Pebble app, since the one that is in the Pebble app right now, is very choppy and not working properly...
I'd love to see an easier way to get the apps, but since the apps are not signed, nor have published hashes which can be verified, I wouldn't trust a random shady third party to provide those apps. Many apps also have a browser component, which runs hidden on your phone. It could be possible for cpfx to inject malware in the apps.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
I'd love to see an easier way to get the apps, but since the apps are not signed, nor have published hashes which can be verified, I wouldn't trust a random shady third party to provide those apps. Many apps also have a browser component, which runs hidden on your phone. It could be possible for cpfx to inject malware in the apps.
No, I know this guy.....
You can trust him

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
I'm a bit confused... before we had the problem with the notifications just saying "Four new emails" or whatever, I believe.

But SF 2.x doesn't have the same notifications view, and I can't really tell from 'Events view' what I would get on a Pebble.

Can anyone enlighten me?

I seem to get individual notifications when theres just one and then 2 new emails etc when I have multiple.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wormdrummer For This Useful Post:
I wonder whether we can pester the designers of the email client into having an option to change that...

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by wormdrummer View Post
I seem to get individual notifications when theres just one and then 2 new emails etc when I have multiple.
It's not Pebble's fault
If you receive a second notification of the same app, it won't show the context of the message

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
It's not Pebble's fault
If you receive a second notification of the same app, it won't show the context of the message
Yeah, I know, I was just responding to the previous post

(and thanks for doing so )

I suppose the other way of going about it would be to get it so you can dismiss notifications from the Pebble.

(sorry... just mulling over whether it's time to buy one yet. If I could handle notifications generally without getting the phone out of my pocket, I'd probably be sold)

The Following User Says Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post:
Good news everyone. The Time Steel and notifications on the timeline are currently working, and all of you can enjoy it

[edit]See Smokus post below. The app has been updated on OpenRepos[/edit]. If you do find any issues (releated to notifications) please post them either in this thread or send me a private message.

Thanks to HtheB and wormdrummer for all the testing. And making sure I have working notifications when I finally receive my very own Pebble Time Steel

For those of you who, like wormdrummer, want to send me a small donation can do so on PayPal using this donation link. But please remember this is a contribution to me. If you want to have firmware upgrade support you have to send a donation to Smoku instead.

Originally Posted by MikeHG View Post
I suppose the other way of going about it would be to get it so you can dismiss notifications from the Pebble.
I think I've read the new events view in SFOS 2 should show more details for the individual events? So it might be possible to also read those details and thus create pins, containing the details, for all the individual items.

Originally Posted by MikeHG View Post
If I could handle notifications generally without getting the phone out of my pocket, I'd probably be sold
AFAICT notification bodies have a limit of 512 characters (at least that's how I implemented it), so at least for longer emails you would still need to use your phone. Although based on those 512 chars you should be able to determine if the email is important or it could wait to properly read it.

Last edited by RobertMe; 2015-09-13 at 20:56.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RobertMe For This Useful Post:

Tags
pebble, pebble time, pebbled