Active Topics

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
My aesthetical feelings must be very different from yours because I actually like the subtle colour scheme.
Me too.
---
10chars

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
The first video of the hardware adaptation:
https://blog.jolla.com/jolla-tablet-...-video-update/

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
looking great.

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Germany
It is possible to change this ugly font in Jolla?!? It looks like font in Windows-Phone...

Nokia 5110 --> Nokia 3210 --> Nokia 8210 --> Nokia 7250i --> Nokia 6500 Slide --> Nokia N97 mini --> Nokia N9 --> BB Z30 --> Jolla C

Everything I would want so far. And the battery life sounds great too, if a device can last a whole day at mwc with constant opening & closing of apps with WiFi connectivity, then that's pretty sweet!

The Following User Says Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Launcher icons were brought on by swiping over the bottom edge. Multitasking view stayed under it.

quick Q - does jolla tablet officially put plans to port sailfish to other hardware on a distant back burner?

there was a lot of talk about new hardware adatptations this time last year, and it's been very quiet ever since...

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
They have been actively working on it the whole time since then*, just need to go to the right places to see what they're doing, & where they're up to.
If you look at the adaptation list, it's exploded since this time last year, personally, I'd rather they pick 1-3 very popular/good devices** & really nail them.
I imagine that the rate of progress would've dropped-off quite a bit in the last ~2 months, though...

*along with non-Jolla contributors
**Nexus 5 please!

Last edited by jalyst; 2015-02-27 at 10:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
**Nexus 5 please!
Sony Z* range please. I've been mightily impressed by my Z3 compact tablet and phone and picked up a Z1 compact for about £200 too. It'll be a pity of Sony's mobile business gets sold off when their current devices are so good.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
Sony Z* range please. I've been mightily impressed by my Z3 compact tablet and phone and picked up a Z1 compact for about £200 too. It'll be a pity of Sony's mobile business gets sold off when their current devices are so good.
Maybe you write Sony and inform them about the existence of Sailfish OS?
Just an idea -- they've used Symbian (Sony-Ericsson) in the past.
They are probably the only one out there that could match Sailfish with a decent camera.

The Following User Says Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:

Tags
indiegogo, jolla, jolla tablet