Posts: 385 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
How can I see the error?

My Nokia?

EDIT: Stupid me #carryon

Last edited by nosa101; 2010-06-01 at 21:49.

Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
My Nokia?
My code...

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Can you pastebin the code and how you're compiling it?

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Can you pastebin the code and how you're compiling it?
code: http://pastebin.com/E9eEKiB4

Compiling with Madde (unfortunatelly, I need to compile against PR1.2 libs and esbox & scratchbox are un-updatable to PR1.2 for me) with "lib_simple" template, and adding this:

CFLAGS += `pkg-config --cflags hildon-1 libosso`
LDFLAGS += `pkg-config --libs hildon-1 libosso`
CFLAGS += `pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0`
LDFLAGS += `pkg-config --libs gtk+-2.0`
To the MakeFile.

Last edited by omeriko9; 2010-06-01 at 22:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to omeriko9 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
OK, took a quick look.

In a Scratchbox with the PR 1.2 SDK installed (dunno what "lib_simple" is, nor how it works), " gcc `pkg-config --cflags hildon-control-panel hildon-1 libosso` -fPIC -c libcallnotify.c && gcc -module -avoid-version -shared -Wl,-soname,libcallnotify.so -o libcallnotify.so libcallnotify.o -lc " created a properly working library. Though, libtool would be a lot better than that.

However, it still crashed because fclose () was being called on a NULL pointer (the file didn't exist) so I moved that inside the if statement that checks for this. (As an aside, you'd probably find g_file_get_contents() easier).

Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
OK, took a quick look.

In a Scratchbox with the PR 1.2 SDK installed (dunno what "lib_simple" is, nor how it works), " gcc `pkg-config --cflags hildon-control-panel hildon-1 libosso` -fPIC -c libcallnotify.c && gcc -module -avoid-version -shared -Wl,-soname,libcallnotify.so -o libcallnotify.so libcallnotify.o -lc " created a properly working library. Though, libtool would be a lot better than that.

However, it still crashed because fclose () was being called on a NULL pointer (the file didn't exist) so I moved that inside the if statement that checks for this. (As an aside, you'd probably find g_file_get_contents() easier).
Thank you!!

A few questions:
First, any chance you can send me the .so file so I can finally update CallNotify?
How did you manage to "catch" the fclose thingy?
What is libtool?

Thanks again!

BTW: did you manage to run this on an N900 or just in scratchbox? because it worked for me in scratchbox as well... but not on the device,

Last edited by omeriko9; 2010-06-01 at 22:30.

The Following User Says Thank You to omeriko9 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
A bit off topic (or not, not sure )
I broke my scratchbox install the other day by trying to make a chroot image.
Tried to install it about 6 times which all failed till I remembered scratchbox uses a mount point
Remove all scratchbox packages installed, rm -rf /scratchbox/*, if you get symlink loops then touch /forcefsck and reboot to fsck /, then redo rm -rf /scratchbox/*.
After that reboot again and run the maemo-scrathcbox script and continue from there.

Hope that helps

The Following User Says Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by omeriko9 View Post
Thank you!!

A few questions:
First, any chance you can send me the .so file so I can finally update CallNotify?
How did you manage to "catch" the fclose thingy?
What is libtool?

Thanks again!
No problem

http://www.freemoe.org/users/qwerty12/libcallnotify.so

Well, for me, I knew what it was trying to open didn't exist and the rest of your code looked legit so I could only assume that fopen had returned NULL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Libtool - I can't really explain it properly, but I guess it's a long and complicated script that makes libraries straight from C files. I have no idea how to invoke it on its own actually ; I use Autotools in my **** and the macros take care of that for me...

Oh, I tested on the device

MohammadAG - Thanks! I'll try that.

Any idea where can I download Scratchbox for PR1.2 ?
This site doesn't give any useful links for download (or I just can't find it...).