Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
I'm getting this same error. The -F option doesn't seem to be working. Tell me what silly thing i've probably overlooked, please...

I'm running Kubuntu Jaunty on a Core2 6600.

Last edited by Flandry; 2009-10-07 at 22:38.

Posts: 369 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Virginia
From your link-

However

./maemo-scratchbox-install_5.0beta.sh -F –u USER
appears to be working.

Also, it sounds like you are trying to install the beta. Make sure you have the final version's install script (which does look fixed here).

I'm following the instructions for the final release here. The script does have the order reversed as in the bug report, so the cause may be different. The point is, it's failing with that error.

With your kind of horsepower, I don't know why you don't use VMWare Server and install a virtual Debian machine. I use a virtual Fedora machine, but Debian would have been even easier....I just know Fedora inside out

Plus, virtualization guarantees you won't fsck your main install

I'm not sure what changed, but after fiddling around with the parameter order, it worked when going back to -F -user blah, which is what i had cut-and-pasted the first time around.

Anyway, thanks for the ideas..

Edit: I have virtual box installed and was trying to get some tricky Windows programs to run inside it a while ago, but i wasn't feeling like doing a new linux install inside it to play with the sdk today.

You make a good point about messing up my current install, though.

Last edited by Flandry; 2009-10-07 at 23:27.

VMWare Server is free and it works like a charm. I run it on 64bit RHEL5, and have hosted 8 simultaneous VMs running all manner of OS - 'Doze, multiple flavors of linux, FreeBSD - without even breaking a sweat. The dual quad-core Xeon helps....

Seriously dude....my life has never been easier. If I fsck it up, I just delete the VM or revert to a prior good snapshot of it. Damn fast.

Originally Posted by Hogwash View Post
./maemo-scratchbox-install_5.0beta.sh -F u USER
There's the problem, that should be a real '-' character. Fixed.

Last edited by lma; 2009-10-08 at 01:12.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 70 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Hogwash View Post
VMWare Server is free and it works like a charm. I run it on 64bit RHEL5, and have hosted 8 simultaneous VMs running all manner of OS - 'Doze, multiple flavors of linux, FreeBSD - without even breaking a sweat. The dual quad-core Xeon helps....

Seriously dude....my life has never been easier. If I fsck it up, I just delete the VM or revert to a prior good snapshot of it. Damn fast.
I used to use VMware Server, but now I use VMware ESXi, which is much better. I run it on a HP ProLiant ML115 G5 quad-core Opteron server, which was ridiculously cheap, and even came with a free remote management card. It has a USB port on the motherboard, which is used to run ESXi from a flash drive. Very cool.

Originally Posted by lma View Post
There's the problem, that should be a real '-' character. Fixed.
Woah, right you are. That's a pretty nasty but subtle problem if someone is being lazy and pasting.

Good catch.

I'm glad to know i'm not losing my mind...