Posts: 121 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ sofia, bulgaria
check again http://www.flickr.com/photos/asimulator/

few more photos appeared

does anyone know if it'll be as easy to share pictures with picassa album than it seems to be with Flickr, Ovi or Facebook ?

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Guys, prototypes typically have bad camera results. Compression algorithms get tweaked before production and steadily increase with updates as they become available. Having used Carl Zeiss cameras exclusively since 2005, I promise you no mobile device will come close for video or photo quality at identical resolutions. That photo was very atypical of what you can expect, and my N93 3.2 mp camera took better shots. Let the engineers optimize the camera and be prepared to ditch your point and shoot camera.

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Originally Posted by qhorse View Post
does anyone know if it'll be as easy to share pictures with picassa album than it seems to be with Flickr, Ovi or Facebook ?
If pixelpipe comes to Maemo, which I expect, you can upload to nearly every service with simplicity. Its easy on Symbian, at least.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by qhorse View Post
Flickr, Ovi and Facebook are probably integrated into the tablet. I would expect you can use yerga's SharePy to send to Picasa easily.

Posts: 206 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Switzerland
I hope we can develop plug-in for integrating other services.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I hope it's not as slow as my N95.

Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Flickr, Ovi and Facebook are probably integrated into the tablet. I would expect you can use yerga's SharePy to send to Picasa easily.
Yeah, I'm waiting to see what have implemented them before of porting it to Fremantle.
If they have something nice to share multimedia, I'll be writing some plugin for other services. I saw some documentation in the wiki the last days about it, and it seemed easy (now it's gone).

An important feature for me is the possibility to upload multiple photos easily. If you have to upload the photos one by one from the gallery to the online service, I'll be porting Sharepy the first day.

The more megapixels a camera has, the crappier the individual pixels become. Phones shouldn't have more than one or two megapixels, otherwise they can only take decent pictures outdoors on sunny days. This is hte case here, and the case with almost all of these 5mp cameras. I would rather have the same 3mp as the iPhone, or less ideally.

One of the best SLRs for low light photography is the Nikon D40,because it has only 6mp. Compare the size of the D40 to the size of the n900 to see what a 5 or 6mp camera needs to look like to actually take decent photos.

This picture is only 1.3mp, http://www.flickr.com/photos/asimula...29722/sizes/o/ but I doubt anyone would argue that it looks worse than the 5mp pictures from the N900. The colors are better, the lighting is better, the image is sharper and cleaner. This could have been achieved on a cameraphone if the phone had a properly designed 1.3mp sensor instead of a marketing designed 5mp sensor.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by drizek View Post
The more megapixels a camera has, the crappier the individual pixels become. Phones shouldn't have more than one or two megapixels, otherwise they can only take decent pictures outdoors on sunny days. This is hte case here, and the case with almost all of these 5mp cameras. I would rather have the same 3mp as the iPhone, or less ideally.

One of the best SLRs for low light photography is the Nikon D40,because it has only 6mp. Compare the size of the D40 to the size of the n900 to see what a 5 or 6mp camera needs to look like to actually take decent photos.

This picture is only 1.3mp, http://www.flickr.com/photos/asimula...29722/sizes/o/ but I doubt anyone would argue that it looks worse than the 5mp pictures from the N900. The colors are better, the lighting is better, the image is sharper and cleaner. This could have been achieved on a cameraphone if the phone had a properly designed 1.3mp sensor instead of a marketing designed 5mp sensor.
I am not an expert on photography but the advantage of more mpx for me is that i can zoom and crop the photo a little more and still get acceptable clarity. Nokia gives you the option of shooting at any MPx you want to shoot. May be you can use that to shoot 1.3 mega pixel shots.