Active Topics

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Just playing with some videos on my 770 and while swapping the RS-MMC card (1GB) it failed to mount in the 770. This card works fine in a PC memory card reader (and has done since I got my 770 on Nov 6).

I tried to mount the bundled Nokia 64Mb DV RS-MMC card and that fails to be recognised as well. Have reformatted my 1GB card to be sure it wasn't corrupt, but it made no difference.

I have rebooted and also power cycled (removed battery) the 770 several times, all to no avail.

Anyone got any ideas? Has my 770 developed a faulty MMC socket?

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Forget this post - I just discovered you have to close the door on the MMC slot before the card is recognised... argggghhh!

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Thanks for posting the 'solution'... I can guarantee you that when I get mine, it would've been me posting (I think things look much cooler when you can see their insides)

i can't access to my mmc card anymore... it say : "no memory card inserted"
please someone help me !

the mmc partition is wrong, i can make a partition with mkfs.vfat -F 32 /dev/mmcblk0
i can mount this partition but it isn't recognised in the nokia 770 file manager...
i can't mount partition via usb, it say there is no card...

the default partition is /dev/mmcblk0p1 so i think there is a primary partition created with fdisk. But there is no fdisk on nokia 770 :'(
What can i do ?

daf,

have you tried using a card reader on windows and formatting it there, either from the command line or explorer? Then try it in the 770.

i don't have card reader unfortunately...

i found fdisk for nokia 770 here : http://repository.maemo.org/pool/mae...7osso2_arm.deb
i have installed it with root on xterm : dpkg -x util*.deb /
and now i have fdisk
i repair the mmc partition with fdisk (type n p 1 enter enter w) and created my fat with mkfs.vfat -F 32
now, i will try to have a swap partition to have more memory for the nokia 770

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Sep 2005 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by daf
i found fdisk for nokia 770 here : http://repository.maemo.org/pool/mae...7osso2_arm.deb
i have installed it with root on xterm : dpkg -x util*.deb /
and now i have fdisk
i repair the mmc partition with fdisk (type n p 1 enter enter w) and created my fat with mkfs.vfat -F 32
now, i will try to have a swap partition to have more memory for the nokia 770
If you get the swap working, could you please post a walk-through of the commands you used? I think a swap partition could make a HUGE difference on this device (and probably clear up a lot of the problems people are having), but I haven't seen anyone post about being successful in setting one up yet.
http://www.markandjo.com/markblog

i create a swap partition, i activate it but the nokia didn't use the swap...
i still search for this because i know this could be good