Hi guys,

I have two Turing Phone(s) on offer here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TURING-PHON...PrkV:rk:1:pf:0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TURING-PHON...R-8g:rk:2:pf:0

Both Turing Phones comes with full accessories including power adapter and charging cables. They are in excellent condition with no scratches.
Please ping me or shoot me an email if you are interested so we can do an offline deal.
My email is lil_phoenix@yahoo.com

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lil_phoenix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ France
2500$ each ? I could have been interrested, but surely not à this price xD

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Astaoth For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Astaoth View Post
2500$ each ? I could have been interrested, but surely not à this price xD
Please send me a reasonable OFFER and I will consider it. Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to lil_phoenix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Turing was abaddoned by Sailfish OS and Jolla. No more software updates. Dead End.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
Turing was abaddoned by Sailfish OS and Jolla. No more software updates. Dead End.
So now the only question is, what is a reasonable price for a device, which was sold in 2016 for 870 € and doesn't get updates anymore...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
The last thing i heard related to this phone was someone how was asked if his turing still works with recent updates explaining his battery did the scared pufferfish and he can not test
So, not a good idea to burn them for daily use anyway.

I do not know if there is already a smartphone collectors scene. From the prices reached for Jolla Tablets and even Jolla Cs i would guess yes.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
I can tell you this much, there was less than 2,000 units produced so for any fan of Sailfish phones these beauties will certainly become a collector’s item. Can you buy/find it anywhere else right now? I would doubt it very much.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lil_phoenix For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by lil_phoenix View Post
I can tell you this much, there was less than 2,000 units produced so for any fan of Sailfish phones these beauties will certainly become a collector’s item. Can you buy/find it anywhere else right now? I would doubt it very much.
Really no offense. Just trying to explain why you will probably not find a buyer or fuel your auction here.
Most people here had several chances to acquire one.
We discussed it during it was still officially buyable and had several offers around 500$ for used second hand units in 2017.
I do not say the device has no chance to reach your desired price since it is boxed mint condition.
Thanks for posting it anyway.
Always interesting to see the outcome of those auctions.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
I would simply like to add the unspoken sentiment: scalpers are the scum of the earth. Someone with more money than brains is guaranteed to buy a massively overpriced useless device eventually (is there something like a " Murphy's law" for this yet?), but I don't think you'll find any buyers on a forum dedicated to keeping old devices working for as long as possible.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
Someone with more money than brains is guaranteed to buy a massively overpriced useless device eventually (is there something like a " Murphy's law" for this yet?)
I think it's just plain old "supply and demand". Not too many were ever made, so the unknown here is the worldwide demand for one of these, I guess as a collectible. Everything else is collected by someone, so why not? I'm gonna watch those auctions just to find out where that demand point is.

But man, I forgot just how gaudy that "Glitter Lizard" model -- or whatever -- was. But there's a market for iPhones blinged with diamonds . . . the Turing phone has a much more affordable tackiness-to-dollars ratio.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post: