Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
I have a request for the CSSU team. I hope this is the right venue. I don't know how, exactly, to describe it, but is it possible to, for lack of a better term, detune rotation? For instance, when the device is laid flat, it automatically switches to landscape mode, which is not always desirable. For instance, I am reading a book in, say, FBreader, which I prefer in portrait mode. If I set the device flat on the desk, it will switch to landscape. In fact, sometimes, if I hold the device at to shallow of an angle, it will sometimes switch.

In joystick parlance, is it possible to create a dead zone around center, in essence, an area around dead flat where it will remain in one mode or the other?

I'm not sure what is involved, but it would make things easier, and possibly stop some of the mad rotation I sometimes get.

Thanks,
--vr

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to VulcanRidr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
@MAG

Da mannnnnnnn
Malaysian N900 user!!!

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Rotation of the multitask isn't right. It's only rotate when you tilt the N900 to Landscape first. If the device is in Portrat then it will not turn until you go into the menu first.

Isn't there a script to make the rotate execute using the value of the Accelerometer? Instead of calculating the difference between the Landscape and the Portrait each time?
works for me....

Originally Posted by VulcanRidr View Post
I have a request for the CSSU team. I hope this is the right venue. I don't know how, exactly, to describe it, but is it possible to, for lack of a better term, detune rotation? For instance, when the device is laid flat, it automatically switches to landscape mode, which is not always desirable. For instance, I am reading a book in, say, FBreader, which I prefer in portrait mode. If I set the device flat on the desk, it will switch to landscape. In fact, sometimes, if I hold the device at to shallow of an angle, it will sometimes switch.

In joystick parlance, is it possible to create a dead zone around center, in essence, an area around dead flat where it will remain in one mode or the other?

I'm not sure what is involved, but it would make things easier, and possibly stop some of the mad rotation I sometimes get.

Thanks,
--vr

yes portrait needs work, not sure what the CSSU team is working on, probly fixing things that nokia made poorly, not making new features as such

Last edited by F2thaK; 2011-05-30 at 05:22.

can we get like option to make potrait desktop default even if icon/widget dont rotate yet?

Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
To Madhammad:

After upgraded, I found the hildon desktop when zoom in out from App menu is lagging, and also the pdf viewer when portrait mode, when I clicked the arrow at right bottom corner, it crashed
For me the pdf viewer crashes when clicking the arrow in portrait mode WITHOUT having a document loaded. If a pdf document is loaded, it seems to work as expected.

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Adelaide, Australia
Hi guys

CSSU update came through in HAM not long ago but HAM is telling me I need to update in PC Suite and it won't let me run the update in HAM.

Any way around this?

I can confirm problems with the PDF viewer. It seems to me that it crashes when it reaches the end of an document (last page and scrolled to the end of that page).

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
pdf crashes too... here... even when single page pdf loads.. crashes after a while
Malaysian N900 user!!!

hmm, I wonder if a CSSU category in the bugtracker would be an easier way to do requests and bugs?

The Following User Says Thank You to lardman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
PDF viewer works here, tested with maemo_software_copyright.pdf. There is a missing icon in the PDF viewer though. Doesn't affect functionality.

BTW, MAG, can you get rid of the scrollbar at the right? Doesn't look very Hildon.

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade