Originally Posted by geneven View Post
When you don't have arguments, try insults.
I thought you were the one who started with insults.... And talking about antennas - maybe the ones who are for the phone are better tuned to the future, thanks to their antennas.

Going back to your original post #868 - there are no talking points either camp is talking about. Its just the need for voice and a better camera as against the trade-off for a smaller screen that everybody is debating. I don't see any talking points - let alone the "communist" angle slap that you put on.
And with the way PDA's/tablet devices are merging with communication devices (its been a long steady trend) and other products like the netbook and kindle like devices are filling in the gaps, it doesn't take a weatherman to know which way the wind blows - antennas or a licked finger in the air notwithstanding.

And both sides have valid points - and that the point of a forum rather than trying to label each other with meaningless labels.

Last edited by nilchak; 2009-05-30 at 15:25.

The Following User Says Thank You to nilchak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
->
...Fremantle, Harmattan and compatible devices.
I am excited about that line too .. does this mean maybe like Android, Nokia will licence the OS (Freemantle , Harmattan) to other manufacturers and we can see other manufacturers filling in the tablet space while Nokia concentrates on the Phone-like device space ? Is this possible with the way Freemantle will have open as well as closed components in it ? That would be even better for Maemo than looking to Nokia itself for all Maemo based hardware.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by qgil
..Fremantle, Harmattan and compatible devices.
a device for Fremantle and a device for Harmattan. I fail to see how this suggests multiple devices for Fremaantle alone?

As for the sales numbers, I have in the past also asked Quim for these numbers. He says that he does not have them. I believe him.

He is the Marketing Manager for Maemo software, not for Nokia hardware. I also notice perhaps this title has changed?? I keep seeing "Quim Gil Opensource advocate" Perhaps this is for when not representing Nokia?

Either way, I don't think there is any large conspiracy to keep the numbers from supporting anyone's talking points. It's just business as usual...
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following User Says Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Posts: 258 | Thanked: 176 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Paris France
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
So its the community that made maemo what it is?

I thought it was power management??
Gnaaaaaarglllll, Pinguin, you really don't want to understand what i mean ...

Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
... the community made the devices useful. Not Nokia, they only gave us a buggy base to start from.....
Was it really buggy or just ultra-limited in function ?

Originally Posted by totololo View Post
Gnaaaaaarglllll, Pinguin, you really don't want to understand what i mean ...
You should meet my wife, she will tell you, I am an antagonist. Although, you could also as Texrat, Council, Quim, and many many others. I am almost as annoying as the French, poke poke.

Originally Posted by totololo View Post
Was it really buggy or just ultra-limited in function ?
Both! The n800 went through HELL during the data corruption bug. I WAS pissed as were MANY many others.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=10178

Seriously I have been here since January 2006. I have agreed and disagreed with most of the people here, sometime vigorously. We always come back to the thing that keeps us together. I think many people are afraid that this thing that brings us together, might have just left them out. (again all the speculation, Nokia will either deliver or screw the pooch.) Either way, this is not like 2006. In 2006 Nokia 770 was the shITT, nothing even close. 2009 and 2010 are not the same markets. Only time will tell.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ England
Does any one have any idea on the price of this thing in the UK and would it be sim-free or attached to a network?

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 176 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Paris France
Pinguin, don't poke-poke too much the french gay newbie ... He could like it.

Well, as I got my first NIT very recently, all the bugs were already solved, and now the system is a joy to use. I find it more reliable than Win Mo and even Palm OS (since Garnet, it wasn't so reliable anymore).

The only thing I could have complained is that when you get the device, it doesn't do much without adding apps, even for basic uses as PIM ...

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Penguinbait, by your logic, haven't we all been beta-testers for a large number of commercial products, especially for software? Granted, those are then fixed by the company in-house, but still ...

Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
Penguinbait, by your logic, haven't we all been beta-testers for a large number of commercial products, especially for software? Granted, those are then fixed by the company in-house, but still ...
Well I am not sure competing with Vista is a good thing

The Following User Says Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by nilchak View Post
I thought you were the one who started with insults....
See my response here.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapointed by nokia, dpad, maemo phone, my tablet is crying, n900, nokia gets it wrong, openmoko, rover, rx-51, rx-71 needed, screen size, smartphone, t-mobile