Poll: Do you guys miss the original StarGate SG1 series?
Poll Options
Do you guys miss the original StarGate SG1 series?

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sunny Wiltshire
Re SGU: I'll watch it if nothing else to do. Most of the characters are just dullards. Rush is quite interesting though. The military are mostly idiots.
Watched the episode last night where Eli and a few non descript characters get trapped in a tunnel after the roof caves in. The roof caving in was caused by one of the soldiers firing a couple of bursts of fully automatic fire at a........spider. It just seemed like a crap story construct desperately created just to get them trapped on the planet.

Come on SGU is really good! It's quite unpredictable and I like the new characters, unlike SG1 there's not much 'always a happy ending'.

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England

Mr Worf, empty the trash.

Firing photon torpedoes sir.

Posts: 186 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Siggen View Post
They did not cancel it early enough, it got lame before they canceled it.
Sad but true. It was great for the first few seasons, and gradual downhill from there on.

As a rule of thumb, when the writers need to rise a main character from dead (or de-ascend, a minor detail) in order to keep the plot going, it's time to cancel.

yup SG1 was class. SGU is not up to scratch but e11+ are geting a bit better.

imho sgu is the best ever stargate show. i like dark scifi alot. as others said it is just abit slow

SGU is ok.

But lets be honest. Nothing tops the first two battlestar galactica seasons.

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Wolverhampton
Originally Posted by Rugoz View Post
SGU is ok.

But lets be honest. Nothing tops the first two battlestar galactica seasons.
Nothing tops Battlestar fullstop!

Originally Posted by Pedrolot View Post
Nothing tops Battlestar fullstop!
Firefly...

'nough said.

More on topic, I have all of SG1, and Atlantis. Oddly when I first saw the movie of Stargate, I thought "Sweet, inspired by Zechariah Sitchin's books, and just generally awesome. They should make a series!"

The problem of course is going from the awesome Kurt Russell and James Spader to Richard Dean Anderson and others. I couldn't watch it initially.

But eventually I ran out of other DVDs to watch, so decided to start buying the Stargate SG-1 series (didn't hurt that Wal-Mart had them for 20 bucks a season.)

Fell in love with them and watched all up 'til Atlantis. Haven't started watching Universe yet, and probably won't 'til much later. I don't watch Television anymore, just DVD / Blu-ray.

I still find myself able to watch Firefly / Serenity over and over again, but not sure if I'll be able to go through all 15 seasons of SG-1 + Atlantis any time soon, as awesome as they are.

Babylon 5 is also equally awesome!

Battlestar Galactica.... I watched the pre-season movie and the first season and thought 'meh'. It was Okay, but seemed to try too hard. There was just something 'off' about it.

slaapliedje