Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Except that's misleading, Tizen's been riding the MeeGo thing way too heavily in the media, & unfairly so in some respects, as us -relatively- more informed users know by now.

*EDIT*
Just noticed the fine print, hehe, that's a good one...
I don't think Meego has something you can ride upon. Not since nokia abandoned it. There is only two OS with jaws Today and Tizen is very simular to one of them. Both sailfish and Tizen seems to ride on the wave.

The Great things with Tizen is that it's not like sailfish. And sailfish is not like Tizen which is great for Sailfish. Both are needed, the question is is how needed...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-06-01 at 17:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I don't think Meego has something you can ride upon. Not since nokia abandoned it.
It must be worth something to them, since they've often talked-up their supposed "direct lineage from MeeGo"...
Jolla does too, but Nemo/Sailfish at least has more of a right to do so than Tizen, given it still has much fundamental tech/sw directly descended from MeeGo.
Sailfish doesn't rely solely on organisational structure (which is quite diff. nowadays anyway) or former entities involved with MeeGo to claim it's lineage.
I wish they'd all just hurry-up, make out, & then form 1 project, but I doubt Samsung would ever allow it, even if those within the Tizen/Sailfish projects might be open to it.
It'd probably never happen between Ubuntu/Sailfish (& given Canonical's dodgy track-record I'd be weary of such a merger anyway), Sailfish/Tizen is much more likely.

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-06-01 at 18:49. Reason: typo

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Have you tasted this?

Plagiarism! I'm going to start watermarking my comedy JPEGs.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Sailfish/Tizen is much more likely.
Well, Samsung had quite recently issues to even cooperate with Intel, their main Tizen partner. So IMHO not very likely & would be probably fatal for Sailfish if it did happen.

The Following User Says Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Yeah, big Qn marks still over true governance/openness, Samsung would prolly want to control things too much.
It's hard to say whether it'd be a good thing overall, or a bad one, my personal instinct is the former...
But 1st I'd like to see Sailfish try to get some momentum (no matter how small) on it's own, same for Tizen, which should be -comparatively- easier for Samsung.

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-06-01 at 19:08.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Plagiarism! I'm going to start watermarking my comedy JPEGs.
Bring it . You know what they say: Good artist copy, great artists steal...

Bring it . You know what they say: Good artist copy, great artists steal...
All thieves are artists now?

And Great artists at that. Guess it explains why a Bachelor of Arts is easy to get into, and the faculty that steals your earnings.

I'm flattered

Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
All thieves are artists now?

And Great artists at that. Guess it explains why a Bachelor of Arts is easy to get into, and the faculty that steals your earnings.
No, only a select few. The best of the best of the best.

I think tizen logotype is great. I wonder where they stole that.

The question is will samsung use the big event card with fire crackers or will the simply smuggle the device to the street like jolla is doing? I wonder if the will launch a test balloon or go all in. Can't wait, they work so incredibly slow, even slower then jolla possibly.

both demo de devices showing of Qt for tizen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueij...e_gdata_player

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:

Tags
clunky, death rules, mike_tizen, titzen, tizen == kebab, tizen rules, tizen_day, tjamtjung, yet still sucks, zen and tizen