Closed Thread
Banned | Posts: 388 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Mar 2010
Originally Posted by Descalzo View Post
This guy (see post #9) says he got the Market app onto his phone that didn't come with it. And there's an app in the AndApp Store that says it can emulate a SIM that allows the Market App to run, but it requires root, which seems to require Market.

But I don't know much about this stuff, I admit.
Smart trick. Where is the original App Market located in Android?

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Originally Posted by dj_steve View Post
toja any way you could recursivly list the perms of every file on your mem card?
I'll do it later today... @ my summerjob right now

The Following User Says Thank You to ToJa92 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gsever View Post
Smart trick. Where is the original App Market located in Android?
No clue. It would be fun to play with this. I don't know what I'm doing, but I can still be a monkey on a typewriter.

Oh, BTW, I read somewhere that the reason I had to shrink my partition to under 2GB was because the kernel demands it be so.

Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
at min the proper market wont work, have mentioned it before

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
dj_steve:
Is the 2GB partition issue that Descalzo mentioned something that should be noted?
ToJa is using over 5GB. My partitions are always around 1.8GB, so I have never noticed this.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
The speed of this coming out was really quick compared to some of the Android ports I have followed at XDA!

Is it almost certain that Android will never be a windowed within Maemo like
Easy Debian because of dependencies of resources that you mentioned earlier? Or is somewhere on the to do list

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by kingoddball View Post
dj_steve:
Is the 2GB partition issue that Descalzo mentioned something that should be noted?
Hi, I can confirm the 2 GB issue (n8x0 version). Tried twice installing Nitdroid, on a 2,4 GB data partition, but I couldn't install any apps. The third installation on a 1,9 GB data partition went fine, I could install a few apk files.

Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
hmm can anyone give me a rought tutorial on what to do to get this error so i can try and look at it.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Budapest, Hungary
Steve, you don't need that. I followed your tutorial step by step on http://blog.nitdroid.com, except I used the windows version of the flasher (3.5) in all of my tries (failed and successful too). I used a 8 Gb sdhc card, and used gparted and paragon partition manager too in my failed attempts.
I tried "chmod 777 -R" (recursive) on both ext3 partition root too, with no success.

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Originally Posted by imperiallight View Post
Is it almost certain that Android will never be a windowed within Maemo like
Easy Debian because of dependencies of resources that you mentioned earlier? Or is somewhere on the to do list
My guess is that the speed would be crappy, and it would probably drink battery juice for breakfast. But I guess DJ_Steve would know better.

Closed Thread

Tags
android, cool stuff, froyo on n900, nitdroid