am just annoyed for when I wanted to upgrade there will be nothing new to really be an upgrade. I really hope Nokia get hit by lightening and make a another phone tablet with Maemo, Meego doesn't look that good.

Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
am just annoyed for when I wanted to upgrade there will be nothing new to really be an upgrade. I really hope Nokia get hit by lightening and make a another phone tablet with Maemo, Meego doesn't look that good.
Just don't look to Nokia...
They have gold in there hands, but won't see it.

We can only keep shouting for more...
And if the android apps realy become availeble.
The n900 (read meego) will grow and they have to do something.

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
The N900 is the best phone I ever got so far.I always go with phones that have as many features as possible for a reasonable price (I got mine for 300 pounds back in Jan 2010)....when I try to argue with an iphone user why my phone is better than his/her I get bored because I cannot make an intellectual conversation with (most) of them cause they don`t know how powerful a phone can be (that is also why they chose to have an iphone, It`s simple to go along their mind).So I don`t bother to argue anymore, I sympathise and empathise with them and we get along just fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to sophocha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 61 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by sophocha View Post
When I try to argue with an iphone user why my phone is better than his/her I get bored because I cannot make an intellectual conversation with (most) of them cause they don`t know how powerful a phone can be (that is also why they chose to have an iphone, It`s simple to go along their mind).So I don`t bother to argue anymore, I sympathise and empathise with them and we get along just fine.

I find it rather funny that the iPhone user is ignorant for not understanding you.
While you understand him but dont want to understand him.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gilamonyet For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
Wow, this thread really has descended into trolling. By longtime board members even.
I for one appreciate his hardwork in playing prank on his own photo just for our laughter.

At least he let us know he looks better than we thought, as a troll.

Last edited by 9000; 2011-02-11 at 00:42.

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
This thread is an example of why some hate the n900.

The OP doesn't understand why some hate the n900, and asked for clarification.

A couple people tried to answer in a reasonable thoughtful manner. Now look at the thread, look at the tags. How many posts here talk about how great the n900 is, how you can't possibly hate it, how it's still the best phone out there? Did I miss something? This thread wasn't "tell me why you love your n900". The responses should have been "I think some people dislike the n900 because....".

Instead there are a whole lot of posts along the lines of "it's great, if you don't understand that, then you shouldn't have gotten it". Nothing will cause someone to hate it quicker than to hear that they we too stupid to use it and that they should have bought something simpler to use.

How many threads have you seen go like this:

OP: I wish the n900 could do MMS.
Response 1: It doesn't need MMS, nobody uses that old tech anymore.
2: You should have known that before you bought it.
3: Not this $$#@ again. TROLL
Thread tags: stupid, popcorn, old tech, whiner
4: You can use fmms. Works great.
5: Its's a tablet, not a phone, it doesn't need to do phone stuff. Stop complaining use the search button.
6: It's open source build your own MMS client.
OP: ?????? I hate this phone!

More often than not anymore, the good helpful posts get buried under all the derogatory, fanboy, you're wrong, how dare you insinuate the n900 isn't perfect, troll, do it yourself type posts.

Is it any wonder that some give up and decide it's easier to hate it?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lemmyslender For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Accept the N900 for what it is even if it does not have whatever going for it, it is what we own and it is what we will carry on to own.

This community is the answer to ALL problems and eventual Meego migration.

STOP the un-needed whining and the useless talk as it is really old hat now.

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
So abill_uk just wondering have you finished reverse engineering Maemo 5? Sorry had to ask... xD

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
for what? and your point is????

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by bandora View Post
So abill_uk just wondering have you finished reverse engineering Maemo 5? Sorry had to ask... xD
You owe me a new monitor and keyboard.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Tags
blah blah blah, blah the end, criticismhearit, flamebait, popcorn time, quit happens, still blah blah, stop it, trollfest