Ok guys, we all know there are quite a few QT apps already for Symbian....

Example: the Metro app for S^3 which offers free guide to public transportation in over 400 cities.
http://metro.nanika.net/index-en.html
The app has been coded in QT for Symbian^3 and has already a nice .sis file for download over there.

Now it is surprising, despite all the famous QT marketing going around, this app is not available for our nice N900. Dont know how many more such nice QT apps are rotting in an unknown abyss.

Can we repackage each of these .sis files for Maemo??

++++++++
BTW right now I use Garnet VM for using Metro, which is a shame when the application is directly available in QT.

Last edited by IcyMoustache; 2011-04-24 at 15:21.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Looks like it's closed source, they just need to recompile the source (assuming they didn't put it symbian specific code).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Let's get down to brass tacks. Nobody outside of TMO gives a monkey's toss about Maemo 5 and the N900. That is why you won't see many applications released on this platform, Qt or no Qt.

Simplez.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
That and a lot of people don't even know we exist :P

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
why dont you people who wants this app(s) send a message too the developer instead of sitting her and cry about it?

TMO/Community cant do everything for you, do something yourself if you want something changed!

@mike, you are right. people like me (who are no longer into mainstream hacking), should atleast help by reaching out to the developers.

@mohammed and marxian, nice to see your replies.

It will be great if Nokia could extend the current QT SDK to automatically compile for different platforms.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
I'm pretty sure the Qt SDK for Linux and Windows includes maemo targets, they just need to click a "+" then click run and they'll get a deb (sure, they need to fill in their name for maintainer fields and the changelog, but that's just two lines)

The Following User Says Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
I have just received a test version of Metro app. I need some QT PRO here!

I had installed QT SDK 1.1 and cannot we get the maemo target for making a new QT mobile application.. i had installed all the toolchain as well.. such waste of time i feel now