Description
This patch flattens the glass items in Sailfish Silica components for those who love flat ui for Sailfish 1.1.2.16 only.

The 1.1.0 version is uploaded wrongly and it doesn't work. The latest version 1.2.0 is uplodated.

If you downloaded and installed the 1.1.0 version, please followed the guide in openrepos and fix it. Sorry for my silly mistake...

Downloads
https://openrepos.net/content/sabera...-flat-ui-tweak

Donations are welcome
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=XWZEYXJYWQ8UU
Attached Images

Last edited by SaberAltria; 2015-03-26 at 07:02.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SaberAltria For This Useful Post:
Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Works great, very nice, 2 issues though:
- doesn't work with covers
- pulley menus appread pretty strange

Thanks for this patch.

Originally Posted by romu View Post
Works great, very nice, 2 issues though:
- doesn't work with covers
- pulley menus appread pretty strange

Thanks for this patch.
Could you provide some screenshots for me to debug? Thz.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
What does "flat UI" mean exactly, IMHO when compared to other mobile OS'es SFOS looks pretty flat already?
(at least to my untrained eye...)

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
What does "flat UI" mean exactly, IMHO when compared to other mobile OS'es SFOS looks pretty flat already?
(at least to my untrained eye...)
Flat UIs generally have no textures or gradients. Sailfish is about as far from flat as you can get.

I'd love to see this without transparencies and with colours for default/primary buttons rather than ambiance set colours.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
Flat UIs generally have no textures or gradients. Sailfish is about as far from flat as you can get.

I'd love to see this without transparencies and with colours for default/primary buttons rather than ambiance set colours.
Okay, I thought flat is opposite of those which have extensive shadows on edges of elements, buttons have shadowed bezels which make them look like "raised" and so on. (something like windows 3.11 and so on...)

Posts: 645 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
I like where its going. :P

So we could have ones like in Meego?

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Okay, I thought flat is opposite of those which have extensive shadows on edges of elements, buttons have shadowed bezels which make them look like "raised" and so on. (something like windows 3.11 and so on...)
That too. Generally it avoids skeuomorphism, ie. elements that resemble real world objects, so buttons that look like 3D buttons are out.

Busy textures and transparent layers aren't used too. Microsoft's metro UI is perhaps the biggest proponent of Flat. Android Material design is also flat and Apple went flat but kept some transparency and light drop shadows in iOS 7. Harmattan was also mostly flat and IMHO much cleaner than Sailfish. I was quite shocked Jolla used textures in their Silica components and never did get used to it.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Since I dont understand the technical side of this patch, just by looking this visually, this looks great, with exception of pulley menus that I would personally see as ugly. Is there a chance to have option which ui-elements are changed and what are not (like leaving the pulley-menus as they are "normally" ?

Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Another "ugly" issue are the big points on the top of windows which show you can swipe forward or backward. Your patch makes them just plain disks, it appears pretty weird. I'll try to give you some screenshots.