Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
MrWeasel - any chance of posting the binaries for others to try in case the sound issues are related to different phone types - looking at the forum thread on mp3car http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/linu...ands-free.html testers on there were having mixed results.

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Germany
I put together some unprofessional tarball with the binaries (including libspeex) and some links to the right directories, so it should be possible to just extract it somewhere and run ./hfp/bin/hfpd and ./hfp/bin/hfconsole . You can get it here. Use it at your own risk.

I also tried HFP on my Linux Desktop and it seems to work fine with the same mobile phone (can hear the sound from the phone through my speakers, didn't test microphone).

EDIT: Seems that you still have to do a export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="where your libspeex is" or to put libspeex to your global lib directory in order to run hfpd

Last edited by MrWeasel; 2008-11-23 at 16:09.

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
unfortunately I get the following error when trying to launch the preferences dialog

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/hfconsole", line 1161, in config_driver_changed
devlist = self.soundio.ProbeDevices(drivername)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 140, in __call__
**keywords)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/connection.py", line 607, in call_blocking
message, timeout)
dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Failed: Device probe failed
File "/usr/bin/hfconsole", line 1044, in config_open
self['ConfigDriverOpts'].set_text(savecfg['driveropts'])
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'set_text'

Going to have a dig about to see if I can find out what is causing this. Don't know python (or anything else modern!) though.

It may be worth dropping the original developer an email unless it's already been done. Do you want me to?

Gaz

Hm that's strange, it works for me (using latest Diablo)

As I've seen from the mp3car forums the app is still heavily in development, there might be even a chance of them adding esd support, so I think sending them a message might be worth a try.

Since this might be also interesing for N800 users, would some admin move this thread to apps or somewhere else please ?

I'm using an N800 on latest diablo so hmmm I'l have a dig about. I've jumped the gun and decided to send samr7 an email which I have copied below. I hope someone with good dev skills on the tablet can pick this up, or samr7 does himself.

Thanks
Gaz

Myself and others have been attempting to see if your HFP app for linux will compile and run on a Nokia Internet Tablet (N800 and N810). The forum thread covering this is here http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=18868

Another forum member "Mr Iceweasel" has managed to compile the code, with some minor changes, and hfpd, and hfconsole will start on the tablet, and connect to phones. I'm using a Nokia 6120. detection and connection works fine, as does dialling as well. Audio does not work yet, there possibly could be differences between the tablet and desktop linux, although a browse of the developer documentation shows an alsalib which should be ok.

Below is the output running hfconsole, and connecting to my phone. As you can see there are still some code issues to be resolved. Is there anything obvious which looks like a showstopper. Although I can hack about with VB, I am not a linux coder at all, and a lot of this is beyond me.

Thanks very much for giving hope. Tablet users have been crying out for an app like this for a very long time.

Regards

Gary

Nokia-N800-36-5:/usr/bin# hfconsole
python[1781]: GLIB WARNING ** libglade - unknown property `program_name' for class `GtkAboutDialog'
python[1781]: GLIB WARNING ** libglade - could not convert string to type `GStrv' for property `authors'
/usr/bin/hfconsole:220: Warning: gsignal.c:1617: signal `file_set' is invalid for instance `0x25f050'
self.widgets.signal_autoconnect(dic)
HFPD: HCI Command status: 0x00 0x01 0x0405
HFPD: HCI Command status: 0x00 0x00 0x041b
HFPD: HCI Command status: 0x00 0x01 0x0000
HFPD: HCI Command status: 0x00 0x01 0x0419
HFPD: HCI Name request complete (0): "00:1D:6E:74:AE:F6" -> "6120"
HFPD: SDP: Supported features: ef
HFPD: << AT+BRSF=15
HFPD: HCI Submit 0x0419
HFPD: HCI Command status: 0x00 0x01 0x0419
HFPD: HCI Name request complete (0): "00:1D:6E:74:AE:F6" -> "6120"
HFPD: >> +BRSF: 239
HFPD: >> OK
HFPD: << AT+CIND=?
HFPD: >> +CIND: ("service",(0,1)),("call",(0,1)),("callsetup",( 0-3)),("call_setup",(0-3)),("callheld",(0-2)),("signal",(0-5)),("roam",(0-1)),("battchg",(0-5))
HFPD: << AT+CMER=3,0,0,1
HFPD: << AT+CLIP=1
HFPD: << AT+CCWA=1
HFPD: << AT+CHLD=?
HFPD: >> +CHLD: (0,1,1x,2,2x,3,4)
HFPD: Hold modes: 0 1 1x 2 2x 3 4
HFPD: << AT+CIND?
HFPD: AG 00:1D:6E:74:AE:F6: Connected
HFPD: >> +CIND: 1,0,0,0,0,5,0,4
HFPD: HCI Command status: 0x00 0x01 0x0409
HFPD: HCI Command status: 0x00 0x01 0x040f
HFPD: AudioGatewayStart: /net/sf/nohands/hfpd/00_1D_6E_74_AE_F6
HFPD: ** OpLatency: primary open took 15ms
HFPD: ALSA play state: 2
HFPD: ALSA rec state: 2
HFPD: Pump: packet size = 24
HFPD: Pump: input max fill = 320
HFPD: Pump: bot packet size = 160
HFPD: Pump: bot min fill = 320
HFPD: Pump: bot max fill = 640
HFPD: Pump: top packet size = 24
HFPD: Pump: top min fill = 48
HFPD: Pump: top max fill = 96
HFPD: Pump: watchdog timeout = 500
HFPD: Echo tail: 800
HFPD: SoundIoPump Stopped
HFPD: Spontaneous audio stream halt
HFPD: ** OpLatency: async process overall took 57ms
HFPD: HCI Command status: 0x00 0x01 0x0406
File "/usr/bin/hfconsole", line 1161, in config_driver_changed
devlist = self.soundio.ProbeDevices(drivername)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 140, in __call__
**keywords)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/connection.py", line 607, in call_blocking
message, timeout)
dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Failed: Device probe failed
File "/usr/bin/hfconsole", line 1044, in config_open
self['ConfigDriverOpts'].set_text(savecfg['driveropts'])
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'set_text'
HFPD: >> +CIEV: 6,4
HFPD: >> +CIEV: 6,5

Iceweasel - what version of python have you got? mine is 2.5.2 r252:60911

commented out line 1044 in hfconsole, and the preferences seems to work OK now.

Feedback and signal processing still don't though.

Originally Posted by gazza_d View Post
Iceweasel - what version of python have you got? mine is 2.5.2 r252:60911
mine is 2.5.2-1osso4. (and where did you get that "ice" from ? )
Feedback and signal processing don't work for me either. The signal processing dialog shows up, but sound and mic don't seem to work..

EDIT: Thought some time about the whole thing.. with a fully working hands-free app, the annoying "phone" question would get rather different, as the N8x0 would get much closer to being a "real" phone. Btw. are there any "mobile dongles" just like these bluetooth-gps devices ? Paired with a hfp-n8x0 there would be no need for a display or even keys on a mobile phone.. so with this extended battery-cover I've seen on the 32gb-SD thread, such a thing may be even integrated into the n8x0 (just dreaming....)

Last edited by MrWeasel; 2008-11-23 at 18:50.

very interesting thought - Here in the UK, like everywhere else I suppose, usb dongles for mobile broadband are everywhere. Not seen any which are bluetooth though. Dunno if you could make calls on them with an app of this nature.

If I get any feedback from smar7 I'll post asap.

Dunno where ice came from either - must have been having a "senior moment"! Apologies!!

I've had a couple of replies from Sam, the developer, who has asked us to try latest svn, as he hopes to have fixed some of the issues. I'll post the full reply shortly.

gaz