Yes Yes, I'm waiting too didn't know this was going on you guys are great! hope you can make it work!

Heck, I'd PAY for HFP on n800! I wish I could help with the dev effort

New traffic laws in my province are in effect starting tomorrow, that require a handsfree/speakerphone while using a cell phone in the car. Given that I already use my n810 as an in-car media player/GPS, I'd love for it also to work as a handsfree.

Has anyone made it work with any combination of software? Is there an open-source program for a PC that I can try porting to Maemo? I too would pay for this development effort if it would help.

An optimum situation for me would be to have a small & simple mobile phone that I would always have with me. But whenever I would need something more powerful I'd take my N800 too - and would LOVE being able to use the N800 as my "mobile phone interface".

It's too bad the newer platforms are getting more exposure and therefore more development attention.

I know this is probably a dead thread, but I've been thinking about this for a project I'm working on for which I need to be able to use my n810 to make calls on a mobile. It seems that the initating and terminating calls on a mobile using gnokii is not a problem, it's just handling the audio via bluetooth is. Well why use bluetooth to do that, when you could use a cable. Both n810's and every mobile phone I've ever seen supports the use of wired headsets. So couldn't the audio be handled by a simple cable (rigged so that audio out of the mobile connects to mic-in on the n810 and vice-versa) between the two devices?

Hello!

I have the same ugly problem with hfconsole:
Code:
HFPD: ** OpLatency: primary open took 42ms
HFPD: ALSA play state: 2
HFPD: ALSA play state: 2
HFPD: ALSA rec state: 2
HFPD: ALSA rec state: 2
HFPD: Pump: packet size = 80
HFPD: Pump: bot packet size = 80
HFPD: Pump: bot input max fill = 160
HFPD: Pump: bot min fill = 160
HFPD: Pump: bot max fill = 320
HFPD: Pump: top packet size = 80
HFPD: Pump: top input max fill = 4294967135
HFPD: Pump: top min fill = 0
HFPD: Pump: top max fill = 4294967295
HFPD: Pump: watchdog timeout = 500
HFPD: SoundIoPump: bottom output underprocessed (196 < 1000)
HFPD: SoundIoPump: bottom output underprocessed (201 < 1000)
HFPD: SoundIoPump: bottom output underprocessed (0 < 1000)
HFPD: SoundIoPump: -3 strikes, you're out
HFPD: SoundIoPump: bottom output underprocessing
HFPD: SoundIoPump Stopped
HFPD: Sound card failed: SoundIoPump: bottom output underprocessing
Code:
$ uname -a
Linux carpc 2.6.38-11-generic #48-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jul 29 19:05:14 UTC 2011 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
Code:
$ lspci | grep Audio
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation N10/ICH 7 Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 01)
Code:
$ dpkg -l alsa*
un  alsa                            <нет>                        (описание недоступно)
ii  alsa-base                       1.0.24+dfsg-0ubuntu1            ALSA driver configuration files
un  alsa-headers                    <нет>                        (описание недоступно)
ii  alsa-oss                        1.0.17-4                        ALSA wrapper for OSS applications
ii  alsa-utils                      1.0.24.2-0ubuntu6               Utilities for configuring and using ALSA
Could somebody help me please?