I've never, ever been able to download the larger map sets with the Map application. It always fails in the middle of the download. I can download Singapore, but USA East or West is apparently impossible, regardless of time-of-day, regardless of how much space I have left on my memory card.

If I didn't have an N810, I would not have USA maps at all. I guess I'll just have to stick with ancient map data. So frustrating!

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Did you try to download them from your desktop using the provided links (in this thread) ?

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
just got done loading the new maps...and they WILL work with the old version of the map software and the navicore crack running!!

The Following User Says Thank You to munky261 For This Useful Post:
I tend to be homebound and have not been able to check to see if the newest map app has fixed the travel speed bug as promised by Wayfinder. It used to only show KM/H no matter what the settings were. Can anyone confirm they can get MPH on the main map screen while moving?
Thanks

Other then the (supposedly) faster gps fix and newer maps, are there any other updates/fixedbugs/newfeatures in the latest map app?

Originally Posted by sirfelix View Post
I tend to be homebound and have not been able to check to see if the newest map app has fixed the travel speed bug as promised by Wayfinder. It used to only show KM/H no matter what the settings were. Can anyone confirm they can get MPH on the main map screen while moving?
Thanks
I have always (and still do) see MPH while moving. Strange that you only see KM/H as mine reported MPH in both the old Wayfinder App and the new one.

just got done loading the new maps...and they WILL work with the old version of the map software and the navicore crack running!!
Yes they will

Originally Posted by gnuite View Post
I've never, ever been able to download the larger map sets with the Map application. It always fails in the middle of the download. I can download Singapore, but USA East or West is apparently impossible, regardless of time-of-day, regardless of how much space I have left on my memory card.

If I didn't have an N810, I would not have USA maps at all. I guess I'll just have to stick with ancient map data. So frustrating!
Once the map download failed, you are doomed. I had to delete the map folder *and* reflash the N810 before I could download the USA West map. (I haven't added the USA East yet.) USA West took 2-3 hours.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
sounds like there are a whole lot of people downloading those usa maps.

but still, having to reflash just to get download going again? im guessing thats more a case of the app not telling the user that its having a temporary problem connecting, and the user going fully overkill because of that lack of info...

more likely then not the reflash to just enough time for the number of connections on the download server to drop...

I tried 4 times without success. The last three with a clean map folder. Everytime, all 700MB had successfully downloaded and it failed on the installing map step. The N810 was left with an unknown map in the list.

Initially, I did not want to believe cryptoboy. But after four failed downloads, I had no option but to try reflashing again.

It could be just luck, but then finally it worked after reflash.